The Official Introduce Yourself Here Thread.

GraniteFraggle

Hey all, I'm living in Cornwall which for those that don't know is the far south-west of the UK.

I've owned and worn G-shocks for about 6 months now. Prior to this I had a couple of Eco-Drive analog Citizen time pieces.

I had real issues with changing dates/times on them - but they worked, didn't need a battery change and were nice enough. Then I noticed that they were *very* easily scuffed (I do a lot of wildlife photography as well as walking in the wonderful remote places down here) and well inside the first 6 months one of them - my "smarter" business dress watch - which only lightly worn - the strap keeper came off and vanished. When I emailed them to ask them to replace it I was told the the strap was "normal wear and tear" and not covered. After I pointed out that it was pretty poor (and may have tweeted them as well) they grudgingly said they would fix it.

I looked into whether or not I could get eco-drives that would set them selves (if I remember they call these satellite waves) and balked at the price. After googling I found these watches which were both solar powered, had auto date/time & claimed to be super tough. I wear a watch *everywhere* and that includes when I'm out with the camera or my dogs - so there was no way I was investing in even one of the cheaper £300+ ones as if I looked at it funny it would scratch.

So I dumped the citizens to some ebayers and picked up my first g-shock - the requirements being an analog clock face, tough solar & multi band 6.

So my first was my very well used GW-3500B-1AER -

Next came a Gravity Defier Aviator Solar G-1200BD-1A - which I use for business meetings (hey I can get away with it) plus I love the look and the owner had swapped the horrible metal band for a resin one. I got this second hand because of this really - saved me doing it and it was in great condition. All my others are from new.

Then I started to look at digital watches - things like the tide times/sun rise & sun set were actually really useful for me day to day. I googled and ummed and picked up the green CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9400-3D- nice as it was I couldn't see the screen! So I opted for the "normal" rangeman - the GW-9400-1ER which a is fabulous piece of kit.

The only thing it missed was tide times (which I don't need that much for my photography or at all really) - very useful for walking the dogs though ! So along came the Casio G-Shock Rescue GW-7900-1ER.

I think they are all brilliant watches- and I wear them all at different times. The 2 ana/digi aviators in work and the two digis when I'm out hiking with the dogs and my wife or hanging off a cliff taking photos of Peregrins.

I say I'm not a collector - I've seen other g-shocks which I really like the look of - in particular the G-7900A-4ER but without the tough solarmulti band 6 I wasn't going to bother.

Then yesterday I saw it on the Casio Outlet cheap and bought one. *Facepalm*.

The crazy thing is UK ebay prices - I've actually owned 8 g-shocks - tried out 4 that I didn't like. Sold them all on e-bay and they went for *more* than if you do a quick google you could find them cheaper.

I paid £199 for my CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9400-3D and it ebayed for £240 + postage.

WTF?

Anyway my current watches ....

L-R

GW-3500B-1AER

G-1200BD-1A

GW-7900-1ER

GW-9400-1ER

18553190.jpg

TikPandora

Hey there everyone! Can't say I expected to be posting in this forum, but here I am! I've been looking for a good durable and useful watch for quite a while, especially after using quite a few Android Wear smartwatches and activity trackers. There's nothing worse than having to charge the thing that gives you the time, so that's why I decided to try and find an attractive timepiece. I ended up buying a G100-1BV that I found "new in open-box" on Blinq for $39. I absolutely *love* it, and I decided to join this forum simply because of it. I might even have to get more now...

IMG_20171124_174039031.jpg

JTPhoto

And now you can go to the other end of that spectrum. A watch that not only charges while you wear it but resets the time every night at midnight (including daylight savings time) so it’s 100% accurate always. Look for Tough Solar and multi band 6 G Shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
240e7e8042c402300c04b6ebd22c9cd4.jpg

Resistor170

Hello from London

Hi about a week ago I bought my 'first' g shock. A GG-1000-1a3er (green band). I say first because I have Collector's Tendencies Syndrome ;) and have become pretty obsessed googling all things g shock over the past couple of weeks and have made a wanted shortlist already :rolleyes:.

I have owned a few watches but never really been a watch wearer. My working life has mainly been in landscaping so the idea of wearing a watch was daft to me. I am sure I would've smashed a few watches over the years. A new job for just over a year now as a lawn technician, I don't work with concrete, cement, slabs etc anymore - basically any of the heavy, sharp and hard stuff. Like before, I still run machinery over lawns which can kick up dust clouds in summer (before touch screen phones this fine grit would get into your phones buttons and stop them from working) but generally I deem it 'safe' for wearing a watch, plus having multiple jobs a day booked into timed appointments a watch is a much more efficient way to check time than getting your phone out of your pocket.

This brought me onto finding the mudmaster. Seemed perfect for work plus a lot of my hobbies/past times are outdoors spent in rural areas so things like the mudmaster would always appeal to me more. Managed to get a good price for it at about £100 under the RRP. At £300 I don't think I could justify it enough.

I'm finding it very hard to resist buying one of the 35th anniversary models...GA835A. Also the GW-M5610-1er is on my shortlist as it resembles the first g shock.

Today I have read so many threads online about resin rot which I hadn't heard of before. This is making me wonder if there is a point to me collecting g shocks if down the line they will fall apart just from sitting on a shelf. I have also struggled to find any real answers on whether it is just the older mdels or if the newer releases will still be effected. Could anyone share a link or info if they know anything please? I know this is the wrong place to discuss it.

Look forward to seeing everyones cool g shocks on here

Steve

GraniteFraggle

I'never heard of resin rot. Welcome to your new "obsession". The solar/multiband watches really are special.

I use my GW-7900-1ER a lot to work out widetimes for both walking my dogs and when I'm taking wildlife photos.

Not sure what to do with my G-7900A-4ER - keep it (it does looke nice) swap the case with 7900=1ER (does anyone know if this can be dome?) or keep it as it looks likes its being discontinued.

The Ragemaster is lovely - again I've used this to plan photos ad knowing when to get there for sunset is really useful. Surpringly I also used it in the Lakes - the compass i surprisingly accurate as is the height when calibrated.

Do like the Gulfmasters though.

*Gulp*

HAYL0635.jpgHAYL0759.jpg

Deepsea_Dweller

I'never heard of resin rot. Welcome to your new "obsession". The solar/multiband watches really are special.

I use my GW-7900-1ER a lot to work out widetimes for both walking my dogs and when I'm taking wildlife photos.

Not sure what to do with my G-7900A-4ER - keep it (it does looke nice) swap the case with 7900=1ER (does anyone know if this can be dome?) or keep it as it looks likes its being discontinued.

The Ragemaster is lovely - again I've used this to plan photos ad knowing when to get there for sunset is really useful. Surpringly I also used it in the Lakes - the compass i surprisingly accurate as is the height when calibrated.

Do like the Gulfmasters though.

*Gulp*

View attachment 11312View attachment 11313

Hello from Croatia.
My name is Kruno and i have only one Casio watch. I have him just few days.

e1c5c80f6cdf0b246e8b697b48a86ba8.jpg

Sent from my Mi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard gents!

Sent from my iPhone 7+