WRUW : 24th - 30th Oct

rutteger

Administrator
Not visited G-Shock West, worth a trip? Loving the GRX-5600B-2ER, what do you reckon to the gloss band and bezel?

gshockpete

It's ok, staff very friendly and knowledgeable. I believe G-Shock East is better - bigger and more stock.

TBH, I would prefer it to be matt but the gloss finish does look good. I just love the negative display against the colour!

P1000657.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Good stuff. Reckon the gloss looks good against the negative display also.

IMG_20111027_213420.jpg

Went for something retro and casio but not a G today :D

macspite

@ gshockpete - like the 5600, the pink "GSHOCK" really sets it off. Do you buy your shirts to match the watches or is it the other way round? :rolleyes:

Been a touch busy over the last couple of days so this is the omnibus edition.

Wednesday late start so grabbed a package from the postman, opened it and strapped the watch to my wrist. Photos of it taken on a moving train not too good so will have to wait until a later date. Also picked up a package from the post office.

Got home, extracted watch from package and put fresh battery in. Wore it Thursday:

IMG_1461.jpg

Not the best example of a DW-003 in the world, I believe this is a TB model but the particular colourway and white "leather" strap isn't shown on the watchshock.com archive.
Exact model number would be welcome. This watch cost me a new CR-2016 battery and £4.17 including postage. Paint splashes and wear came free.

Dash back home, change for our Club AGM. Wore my black and gold GA-110, this is a picture taken earlier:

IMG_1115.jpg

Got home very late, now at work - writing up surveys in theory, definitely not time wasting by sending in pictures to g-shockzone.com. Work started by brewing a cup of tea, returning to bed and picking up my laptop. Thought I would go for an old favourite today:

IMG_1510.jpg

DW-9000XS-9T

macspite

My favourite as a DW-6600 was my first G-Shock many years ago and was the first one I changed a battery on. Languished in a drawer for many years because of the high cost of getting a jeweller to send it away and have it pressure tested. If I had known how easy it was ...

If anyone has a tatty 6600 they would like to sell let me know as I have a little restoration project in mind.

rutteger

Administrator
My favourite as a DW-6600 was my first G-Shock many years ago and was the first one I changed a battery on. Languished in a drawer for many years because of the high cost of getting a jeweller to send it away and have it pressure tested. If I had known how easy it was ...

If anyone has a tatty 6600 they would like to sell let me know as I have a little restoration project in mind.

One of my first Gs too. The DW-6900 seems to steal the limelight from this model but with it's large crisp display and decent size what isn't too like :D

macspite

Indeed - 6600, easy to read display, no clutter and probably the best backlight amongst the Gs. So today ...

Not even a G-Shock. Following the trend for non Gs shown recently here is my newly acquired £15 "formal" watch, 200m static water resistance (but not recommended for diving with air tanks), screw back, stopwatch and one way bezel - Casio MTD-1057D-2AVES:

IMG_1534.jpg

macspite

Nice Garmin - again with the matching shirt!

Lazy Sunday morning watching the Indian Grand Prix. Wearing this DW-6100 - the "G" isn't the light button but the thermometer sensor. Hell of a rise from 16.6 C off the wrist to close to 30 when worn. The function shown in the picture is date, 30 October with the sunrise and sunset times for my latitude and longitude:

DW-6100J-1 module 1414

IMG_1553.jpg