Solar /atomic

Jack Fate

Since owning the solar/atomic type . I find it impossible to buy anything else. I've owned 7 G's since mid 80's had my first failure. The auto light feature (7900)continues to turn itself back on killing battery's. Had to go back to previous watch.
While I'm here have you ever successfully changed battery's?
Seems once the seal is broken moisture fogs watch with death soon after.

Cheers

Hasaf

Sorry I was no help. As far as the auto-light feature. Frankly, I don't like it; so I keep it turned off. As such, I am not expert on that.

As far as opening the watch, I am an invenerant tinkerer. I open almost everything I own. I suspect that if you take care to replace the seal and, ideally, get some watch seal grease and apply it to the seal, you are unlikely to have problems. But, frankly, like most here, I have had no need to replace batteries on my solar G watches.

I am also sold on the solar/atomic watches for work watches. They are as low/no maintenance as one can find.

Jack Fate

Sorry I was no help. As far as the auto-light feature. Frankly, I don't like it; so I keep it turned off. As such, I am not expert on that.

As far as opening the watch, I am an invenerant tinkerer. I open almost everything I own. I suspect that if you take care to replace the seal and, ideally, get some watch seal grease and apply it to the seal, you are unlikely to have problems. But, frankly, like most here, I have had no need to replace batteries on my solar G watches.

I am also sold on the solar/atomic watches for work watches. They are as low/no maintenance as one can find.

Thing is I have the the auto lite turned off but when I sleep with it on it turns itself back on , so I don't sleep with it on . Solar powered watches batteries do eventually get weak & fail
52892b8202d676ff6369b7412e22d5a0.jpg
generally my G's are pretty beat by the time this happens. So l don't like spending a lot on them. But they make some real nice ones

Cheers

Stevie

I also don't use the auto light feature on any of my G's. I just can't figure out why you'd need this feature.

My EDW is the GD350 and the illumination on 3 seconds is fine with the big light activation button on the bottom edge of the case.