GWG-1000 DR From Japan? Question about time calibration through radio

Sharpdressed

Hi

Im about to buy a GWG-1000

I was talking to Casio trough Facebook today and when i asked what the difference between buying an GWG 1000 in Sweden compared to buying a DR model was they said that a watch bought in Europe would intercept the signal from an antenna in Germany to calibrate time and that a Japanese model would only intercept the signal from japan cause of another radio frequency. So to my question, is this true? Will the DR watch not intercept the signal or can i change the frequency on my own so it does? (i live in Sweden) And if it don't do I really need time calibration through radio transmitting? I would be happy if just the summer/winter time worked.
Please scroll down and read what i pasted from their website.
Anyone here bought a DR GWG-1000 that could enlighten me on any other differences?
If this thread by any chance got wrong please move it to where it should be, Pardon me i'm new here.

Best regards
Emil.

The following is copied from the specs of a GWG-1000 at G-shocks website.

Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
Auto receive function (up to 6 times per day/up to 5 times per day for China)
Manual receive function
Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC
Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, BPC 68.5kHz

And this is from Casio Europe/Swedens site.

Whether you are in Europe, North America and Japan or parts of Canada, Central America and China - once the watch has been set to the local time zone, it receives the relevant signal and shows the exact time. In many countries, it also sets summer and winter on their own.

BACKBLAST72

Hello Emil,

You are referring about the iconic Mudmaster which is Multiband 6 atomic timekeeping capable. So for this guy to tell you it won't receive the signal from Germany vs. Japan is just plain wrong. The multiband system send the calibration signal out 6 times a day if you choose this option while you initially set up your watch; if not the watch is automatically programmed to update or self calibrate at least once a day which is usually done at midnight. There is less radio traffic at this time and thus, less interference with other radio signals.

The German signal has a transmitting frequency of 77.5 KHz versus the Japanese which has a signal strength of 40 / 60 kHz so the guy or gal which told you otherwise is full of shit. I am a retired Infantry Sergeant from the U.S. Army and have a very good understanding on how radio signals work; buy the European version of the Mudmaster you will be find with it.

I have had mine now for 10 months and the watch has always calibrated no matter where I am located at. The watch is a tank and built to last. Definitely a watch that can become a family heirloom for many generations to come.

Sharpdressed

Ok thanks for the quick response, but when you say buy the European model that I'll be fond of I don't know i wich model you mean. I find it to be 3 different models of the watch, 1 the JF model that is sold for domestic use in Japan, 2 the DR model that is for export, and 3 the export model that has some other code name and is sold for 1000$ in Swedish stores, I'm interested in the number 2 above, the DR model that I can get for 450$ on amazon and that's my main question, if the DR, JF and nr 3 is all the same watch with the same software.? Sorry for the complicated posts. Best regards Emil