Problems with my PRG80

huckfinn

Hi,
My beloved Prg 80's buttons are all stuck!
The only function available on the watch is...the hour. Which, of course, I can't change!
I think it could be related to swimming in the ocean (salt water).
I tried a few things like soaking a couple of hours in warm and hot white vinegar or spraying it with wd-40 but nothing works.
The buttons are kind of semi-stuck: they move a little (very little) when pressed but....nothing happens...

Can anyone please help me?
Many thanks!!

BACKBLAST72

Good afternoon huckfinn,

It sounds like you may have some calcification in and around the seal of the buttons. Salt water is HORRIBLE on rubber and fine electronics which are found in these Casio watches. What you want to is clean this calcification with neutral water or better known as distilled water. Warm about half a gallon of distilled water and add two spoons of baking soda do not boil the water..! just bring it to a warm temperature and turn the heat off.

Then submerge your Pathfinder in the mixture and allow to soak for about two hours. At which time you need to scrub the watch with an old tooth brush and wash the watch really good; paying attention to the area around the buttons. Check the pliability of your buttons which it should improve while cleaning your watch.

For future reference if your going to swim in the ocean with it ensure to rinse your watch right away with clean potable water and give it a good wash in warm and soapy water; scrub the watch with a gentle / soft bristle brush and allow to air dry.

Hope this info can help you solve your problem and if you need any additional help don't hesitate to drop me a message.

huckfinn

Many thanks for your advice.
I'll try it today!
I already tried before to wash it in warm water but didn't think about baking soda....(in fact, it didn't work :mad:)
I'll let you know.

huckfinn

I tried yesterday.
No results unfortunately.
I'll try again tonight.
One thing I forgot to mention is that, even before the "treatment" with distilled water and baking soda, on the watch's screen the only thing happening is the hour, the seconds and a text above the hour that says "OPEN".
??
Does that mean that the innards of the watch are sort of compromised?

Dwsjr50

I dont know if the prg or pag 80 is the same. I have one for sale in the watch sale forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk