WRUW : 31st Oct - 6th Nov

rutteger

Administrator
Went with the GW-M5600, saves changing something else to GMT.

IMG_20111031_121536.jpg

macspite

Not got time today to work my way through the collection seeing which ones need attention due to clocks going back but this wee new acquisition sorted itself out. Can't find an exact match in the watchshock archive so all I can say is that it is a DW-9500 something with a 2163 module. A pleasant military green with a simple aftermarket strap.

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

As usual, if anyone can give me an exact model number I would be grateful

macspite

Look Ma, no buttons!

G-Cool, GC-1001, module 2258. buttons are hidden under flexible sidepieces. Day counter and 10 memory stopwatch/lap timer

IMG_1567.jpg

Colour is a bit manky because picture taken in fluorescent light.

rutteger

Administrator
G-Cool is pretty out there!

Gone with a former fave which didn't need a time change :eek:

IMG_20111101_163012.jpg

DW-5300 not mission impossible ;)

macspite

How big is that? I ask because there was a Mudman GX56-1A that went a touch too expensive on eBay last Saturday. I went into the nearest town and saw it in a jeweller's window - looked gigantic! I am almost getting to like some of the "square" watches ...

rutteger

Administrator
It wears smaller than a GX-56. It isn't as tall or high as 'the king' or 'oversized' GX-56. Quite a chunky watch in a good retro way though, it's quite wide but because this is along your arm it doesn't look or feel too bulky. Good luck finding one, a lot out there with cracked and damaged bezels, was quite keen on this model (have a similar in gold) and bought a few before I found a good 'un!

macspite

Bought this yesterday from a colleague at work, not had time to set it up correctly yet.

IMG_1612.jpg

Nice strap, similar to the one on my GW-7900 but makes it difficult to see the model and module numbers

IMG_1618.jpg

It's an AW-591MS-1A with the 4778 module - not bad for a pony!

rutteger

Administrator
Good work, like the fabric strap. One of the ProTrek's has similar to good effect.

Gone with the DW-5025 today

IMG_20111102_153624.jpg

macspite

Nice. I am s-l-o-w-l-y coming round to squares! Maybe it's because I grew up with analogue watches where the hands sweep in a circle that I cling to the idea that a watch should be round. Or maybe because there seemed to have been a flood of square cheap and nasty (even though expensive) digital watches during my formative years. Anyone remember the Sinclair Black Watch that changed time if you flexed your wrist?

As an aside there is a great bit in one of the Futurama cartoons where Fry falls from a ledge high up on a skyscraper and saves himself by grabbing onto the hands of a clock in a sequence which is obviously a homage to such silent fim actors as Harold Lloyd. Of course, being the year 3000 the clock is digital. He clings to the top bar of the 2, then the 3 and falls before clutching the crossbar as 4 appears. A brief respite clinging to the crossbar on 5 then 6. Next numeral is seven ...