WRUW : 31st Oct - 6th Nov

rutteger

Administrator
That sinclair model is new to me although of course I am au fait with the Spectrum ;)

I'm a fan of the square models having grown up with the basic cheap digital Casios, love the retro style!

rutteger

Administrator
G-shock DW-9800 Gulfman today. Took a while to figure out how to change from DST. Managed it in the end and luckily the tide information is now correct given I'm at least 100 miles in any direction from the sea.

IMG_20111103_145232.jpg

macspite

I like the DW-00x series so couldn't resist bidding on this one on eBay. Kept me happy on an early morning three and a half hour drive to work by chirping precisely on the Radio 4 time signal and occasionally using the backlight to dazzle drivers who had their full beams on.

Photo taken on the way home, dropped in to Duxford to check everything ok for our coach trip on Sunday 13th

IMG_1657.jpg

And look what it came with!

IMG_1672.jpg

seanobsdot

so i just got the gw7900b1 legit hasnt left my wrist wondering what bands are compatible with it if any? anyone know? thanks

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite - DW-003? Another fine buy, pretty cool to have all those straps :D

@seanobsdot - Nice. Not too sure what sort of strap you're after. I've seen GW-7900 / G-7900 on fabric straps using strap adapters. Quick guide on how I put a DW-6600 onto a fabric strap here > http://www.g-shockzone.com/showthre...h-strap-adapters-a-quick-guide&highlight=zulu . If you go for fabric I prefer the zulu / nato style straps as in the link, they sit closer to the wrist. The Casio velcro fabric straps are pretty chunky and make the watch sit quite high - this may of course be a good thing depending on your taste :)

rutteger

Administrator
Addict x G-shock DW-6500 today. Watch has some nice patina / wabi or is pretty worn, depends on your viewpoint I suppose :)

IMG_20111104_091325.jpg

seanobsdot

@ macspite and rutteger- im pretty sure its xx2310 or 2300 series

@rutteger- yea im not into the fabric bands but are there any resin bands that go with it like 5600 band or somthing like that?

macspite

@rutteger - nice, if that ever decides it would like a different caring home let me know!

Over to Crawley today trying to work out how to get under a platform to undo bolts holding on a machine. Well, getting underneath is easy but doing it legitimately and with the blessing of Network Rail is the difficult, paperwork-riddled bit. Now taken a quick break before writing up my report. So today I thought I would wear my ex Israeli Defence Force G-2500-3V, possibly with desert dust still in the nooks and crannies. And, yes Amontgomery, it will appear with a firearm in the Military and Military Concept G-Shock picture thread shortly :)

IMG_1696.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
@rutteger- yea im not into the fabric bands but are there any resin bands that go with it like 5600 band or somthing like that?

Most G-shocks have a 16mm lug width including the GW-7900, as such more or less any strap from another G should fit. The 5600 band should be OK although guess you'd need to try it really and ensure the band and bezel look ok together. Out of interest why do you want to go with another strap?

rutteger

Administrator
@rutteger - nice, if that ever decides it would like a different caring home let me know!

Over to Crawley today trying to work out how to get under a platform to undo bolts holding on a machine. Well, getting underneath is easy but doing it legitimately and with the blessing of Network Rail is the difficult, paperwork-riddled bit. Now taken a quick break before writing up my report. So today I thought I would wear my ex Israeli Defence Force G-2500-3V, possibly with desert dust still in the nooks and crannies. And, yes Amontgomery, it will appear with a firearm in the Military and Military Concept G-Shock picture thread shortly :)

View attachment 907

Looks great, this pic has just prompted me to order a resin band for the G-2500 which has sat in a drawer for years!