Question about GWG-1000 battery life

Rudix97

Hello there!I hope that I posted in the right section and also the question wasn't asked before.Maybe it's not polite from me to ask about this,but how is the battery on the gwg 1000?From the Casio's specs it looks like 6 months is the battery life,and that gives me a reason to worry about because I have a GW-7900 and in specs it says 9 months battery life.I played a little with the EL screen and the watch reached the M level of battery.I was thinking:if so a simple watch like mine is discharging so fast,what will happen with the GWG-1000?I found out that both watches have the same CTL1616 battery.Is it worth buying or will I have problems with the battery?Thanks!

Dwsjr50

Google module 3193 /3200 casio gshock watch instructions.
9 months means a fully charged watch gw7900. The mudmaster is fully charged at 6 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

akaSigFreak

The 6 months and 9 months refers to how long the Solar watch can run without being charged by sunlight. I place mine outside for a few hours and hit High on the battery level.

BACKBLAST72

Hello there!I hope that I posted in the right section and also the question wasn't asked before.Maybe it's not polite from me to ask about this,but how is the battery on the gwg 1000?From the Casio's specs it looks like 6 months is the battery life,and that gives me a reason to worry about because I have a GW-7900 and in specs it says 9 months battery life.I played a little with the EL screen and the watch reached the M level of battery.I was thinking:if so a simple watch like mine is discharging so fast,what will happen with the GWG-1000?I found out that both watches have the same CTL1616 battery.Is it worth buying or will I have problems with the battery?Thanks!

Good evening Rudix97,

The time frame you see specified in the technical specifications refers to the amount of months the watch will operate without being exposed to a consistent light source; before the battery would be drained to the point where it would require a recharging. The difference of three months between the GW7900 and the GWG1000 is due to the amount of functions between the two watches and thus, the power requirements for the Mudmaster are a lot higher versus the GW 7900.

Rudix97

Thanks for replying guys.Another question would be:does it discharge fast?Considering a normal light exposure?

akaSigFreak

I got my Mudmaster Monday so I can't say how quickly it discharges. I can tell you my Rangemans and Gravity Master have been put out to charge for 6 hrs Direct Florida Sunlight one time within a year. As long as they are exposed to some form of light, they will charge even if minimally.

akaSigFreak

The Altimeter/Depth is measured by using Pressure Changes. It is not as accurate as GPS or a dedicated sensor, but it is close. As far as I know, the only G-Shock with Quad-Sensors (one dedicated for Depth/Altitude) is the New Gulfmaster GWN-Q1000.

BACKBLAST72

Good Morning Rudix97,

G-Shocks are design to take air pressure density readings and in turn they take these reading and compute or calculate relative altitude readings which are affected by air density. GPS technology uses triangulation via satellites and thus, is a more precise reading. But for the manner in which the Barometer measures air density in relation to altitude they work fine. So you have to understand the technology and the equipment base you are manipulating to better employ and enjoy your watch. Understand that you are referring to two entirely different types of technologies and their application in the field is thus, dissimilar from one another.

Rudix97

Thanks for explanation,very good one.I saw some discussions about sensors calibration and I thought that maybe I must calibrate it usually but from what you say it looks like they worth the money,you know nobody threws 600$ away as a gift:) I will close the topic thanks!