Rolex collector turned gshock collector

Dubaiwatchguy

I'm more of a Rolex guy with 5 Rolex in my collection. However the need to get a beater for excercise drove me to buy a gshock which I became more interested in after wearing for a bit. Also the history behind the NAVY seals wearing gshocks also interested me as I'm interested in military watches too.
Just to understand gshocks a little better what is the Rolex submariner of gshocks?is there a model that everyone buys ? I currently have a lower of the range DW 6900 all black with red lighting.
What would be the top of the range gshock ?

Thanks for your help guys !

akaSigFreak

Welcome to the wonderful world of G-Shocks. I have many high-end timepieces too and have become addicted to G-Shocks over the past year.
There are so many levels of G-Shocks it is difficult to compare them to the few Rolex Models. I prefer models with the Tough Solar, Multi-Band 6 Atomic Clock sync and multiple sensors.
Rangeman is great- the Mudmaster Triple-Sensor is the Most Incredible G-Shock available. There are Master Of G collections and can be considered highly collectible. There are also Steel-G watches which can range from $200-$2000+. I have a rather small collection, but they definitely keep multiplying.

fullsizeoutput_3f7.jpg

Dubaiwatchguy

Welcome to the wonderful world of G-Shocks. I have many high-end timepieces too and have become addicted to G-Shocks over the past year.
There are so many levels of G-Shocks it is difficult to compare them to the few Rolex Models. I prefer models with the Tough Solar, Multi-Band 6 Atomic Clock sync and multiple sensors.
Rangeman is great- the Mudmaster Triple-Sensor is the Most Incredible G-Shock available. There are Master Of G collections and can be considered highly collectible. There are also Steel-G watches which can range from $200-$2000+. I have a rather small collection, but they definitely keep multiplying.

View attachment 10665

Thanks for your reply man! I've been searching the mud master with triple sensors and now I really want one. I love took watches that have real purposes like that ! How do g shocks hold up over time? I suppose nothing more then a battery change is needed every re years? If it's solar powered do they need servicing?

akaSigFreak

G-Shocks are known for being extremely durable and holding up very well over time. One of my co-workers has had one for almost 20 years and it looks like it is new. It will depend on how much abuse it is exposed to but from everyday use, they are exceptional. The batteries are also known to hold charges well. My Mudmaster Twin-Sensor (top left in photo) is not solar powered and the expected battery life is approximately 2 years. Considering the advanced functions and features of the watch- I am very pleased with battery performance. The Solar powered also appear to have extraordinary battery life, but it depends on use of light, multi-band radio sync to the atomic clocks etc.