Can GPW 1000/5410 owners try something out for me before I commit to purchasing one?

hertz32

I'm looking to buy a watch that has the ability to display both UTC and Local time clearly and accurately and the GPW 1000 fits the bill perfectly, as long as it has the ability to display UTC on the main dial, and Local on the 24h subdial. And then GPS sync without reverting the main dial to local time.
I've spent some time trawling through the manual online to compile an instruction sheet that should allow this functionality, and I'm hoping one of you can follow it and let me know the results!
I've got in touch with Casio support and they say that there is no reason that this shouldn't be possible, however my local G shock store is over an hour away and I'd like to be certain that if fits my needs before committing a sizable chunk of cash to one!
I'd be eternally grateful if someone could follow the steps I have detailed below and confirm that the main dial remains UTC, the Subdial set to local, and the watch is GPS accurate to the second.

Step 1: Position information aquisition

Hold the (B) button for 3 seconds or until it points to T+P
The mode hand will move back and forth while searching for a signal
Mode hand will point to the 12 o clock position, then to the approx. lattitude of watch
Second hand will point to YES to confirm Local time has been set and position is aquired.

Step 2: Configure Home City (UTC) to display on main dial

Pull out the Crown of the watch to the SECOND click
Rotate the crown until the second hand points to UTC at the 12 o clock position
Push the crown back in, confirming UTC as home city

Step 3: Configure World Time City (Local time) to display on 24h subdial

Ensure the watch is set to Timekeeping mode by holding down the (C) button for 2-4 seconds.
Pull out the crown of the watch to the FIRST click
Rotate the crown until the second hand points to your local time. (EXCEPT GMT. If your local time is GMT, please select another for the purpose of this test)
Push the crown back in, confirming your choice of World time city to be displayed on the 24h subdial.

Step 4: Gross error check

A successful full GPS position check was performed
UTC should display on the main face of the watch
Your choice of local time should display on the 24h subdial
the watch is set to timekeeping mode

Step 5: Recieving GPS time information

Gross error check complete
Hold button (B) for at least one second, and/or until the Second hand points to TIME (Keep button (B) depressed until the second hand points to TIME)
If successful, the second hand should move to the YES mark after a period of 7 seconds to 1 minute (Though 13 minutes is possible if there is leap second information)

Step 6: Results

If home city is still UTC, World Time City is still local and the GPS time information was received successfully then comment here saying so. And I'll have a watch to buy...

Thank you in advance!