Is it possible to stop collecting?

I'm not sure. Thinned a few out a month or two ago when I needed the funds for other things. Had planned on a hiatus from buying for a while until I'd fixed up a couple of project watches I've had sat about for a while. However before I know if am back browsing ebay and classifieds on this and other watch site

2. Advertisement Register to remove this advert

I know exactly what you mean. Still gotta get round to adjusting circa 50+ watches after the clocks went back on Sunday. Might be easier to just buy some more ha ha
    It's a G thing

Colabs

Dee & Ricky 2, In4mation (grey), Krink, Passerella Death Squad, WCCS, alife⚡, alife, Nigel Sylvester, The Hundreds, Maharishi, In4mation (white150), Dream Air, New Era, Eric Haze 30th, Burton, Wu Tang, CLOT, DGK2, BE@RBRICK, Nigel Sylvester 2, Geometric, 6900BS, Supra, Channel Island, BE@RBRICK 2, New Era 110

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly Tubs View Post
    I know exactly what you mean. Still gotta get round to adjusting circa 50+ watches after the clocks went back on Sunday. Might be easier to just buy some more ha ha
    Glad it's not just me The whole adjusting thing is a bit of a chore, still at least you can ensure all are bang on GMT. I did have a plan about selling watches which I'd not worn between clock changes, soon decided against that one though!

And I failed. New G-Shock on the way

I have a few more on the way!
    Last edited by gshockpete; 2011-11-05 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by rutteger View Post
    And I failed. New G-Shock on the way
    Ha ha, must admit I got a little something in the post, oh and there's one more on the way.

What did you get?
    It's a G thing

Colabs

Dee & Ricky 2, In4mation (grey), Krink, Passerella Death Squad, WCCS, alife⚡, alife, Nigel Sylvester, The Hundreds, Maharishi, In4mation (white150), Dream Air, New Era, Eric Haze 30th, Burton, Wu Tang, CLOT, DGK2, BE@RBRICK, Nigel Sylvester 2, Geometric, 6900BS, Supra, Channel Island, BE@RBRICK 2, New Era 110

Only two in the post for me (and a couple that I may buy off a mate ...) Collecting G-Shocks is a lot cheaper and easier than my other main hobby, collecting military vehicles and tractors.

G-Shocks take up far less space, deteriorate a lot slower, don't require fuel to be played with - though I am looking at a bulk buy discount for CR-2016 batteries - but are well supported with a load of forums and information on the net, are readily available, have a loyal following, require a certain amount of satisfying maintenance and have some fascinating quirks and features amongst the vast spectrum of models and styles.

So why not collect G-Shocks? Many compare favourably to the price of a night out at a restaurant, pub or cinema or the price of a football ticket and provide lasting pleasure.

Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly Tubs View Post
    Ha ha, must admit I got a little something in the post, oh and there's one more on the way.

What did you get?
    Good stuff, look forward to seeing what you have. Have a gloss GLX on the way along with various bits which should see at least one old watch back in action

Quote Originally Posted by macspite View Post
    Only two in the post for me (and a couple that I may buy off a mate ...) Collecting G-Shocks is a lot cheaper and easier than my other main hobby, collecting military vehicles and tractors.

G-Shocks take up far less space, deteriorate a lot slower, don't require fuel to be played with - though I am looking at a bulk buy discount for CR-2016 batteries - but are well supported with a load of forums and information on the net, are readily available, have a loyal following, require a certain amount of satisfying maintenance and have some fascinating quirks and features amongst the vast spectrum of models and styles.

So why not collect G-Shocks? Many compare favourably to the price of a night out at a restaurant, pub or cinema or the price of a football ticket and provide lasting pleasure.

Go for it!
    Nicely summed up. Guess they are quite easy and relatively cheap to collect. I also collect other things (is it a make thing, suppose so ) which although not as large as military vehicles are both more time and space intensive. As such find the watches and Casios almost light relief sometimes.