Is it possible to stop collecting?

rutteger

Administrator
I'm not sure. Thinned a few out a month or two ago when I needed the funds for other things. Had planned on a hiatus from buying for a while until I'd fixed up a couple of project watches I've had sat about for a while. However before I know if am back browsing ebay and classifieds on this and other watch site :D

Bubbly Tubs

I know exactly what you mean. Still gotta get round to adjusting circa 50+ watches after the clocks went back on Sunday. Might be easier to just buy some more ha ha

rutteger

Administrator
I know exactly what you mean. Still gotta get round to adjusting circa 50+ watches after the clocks went back on Sunday. Might be easier to just buy some more ha ha

Glad it's not just me ;) The whole adjusting thing is a bit of a chore, still at least you can ensure all are bang on GMT. I did have a plan about selling watches which I'd not worn between clock changes, soon decided against that one though!

macspite

Only two in the post for me (and a couple that I may buy off a mate ...) Collecting G-Shocks is a lot cheaper and easier than my other main hobby, collecting military vehicles and tractors.

G-Shocks take up far less space, deteriorate a lot slower, don't require fuel to be played with - though I am looking at a bulk buy discount for CR-2016 batteries - but are well supported with a load of forums and information on the net, are readily available, have a loyal following, require a certain amount of satisfying maintenance and have some fascinating quirks and features amongst the vast spectrum of models and styles.

So why not collect G-Shocks? Many compare favourably to the price of a night out at a restaurant, pub or cinema or the price of a football ticket and provide lasting pleasure.

Go for it! :victorious:

rutteger

Administrator
Ha ha, must admit I got a little something in the post, oh and there's one more on the way.

What did you get?

Good stuff, look forward to seeing what you have. Have a gloss GLX on the way along with various bits which should see at least one old watch back in action :D

Only two in the post for me (and a couple that I may buy off a mate ...) Collecting G-Shocks is a lot cheaper and easier than my other main hobby, collecting military vehicles and tractors.

G-Shocks take up far less space, deteriorate a lot slower, don't require fuel to be played with - though I am looking at a bulk buy discount for CR-2016 batteries - but are well supported with a load of forums and information on the net, are readily available, have a loyal following, require a certain amount of satisfying maintenance and have some fascinating quirks and features amongst the vast spectrum of models and styles.

So why not collect G-Shocks? Many compare favourably to the price of a night out at a restaurant, pub or cinema or the price of a football ticket and provide lasting pleasure.

Go for it! :victorious:

Nicely summed up. Guess they are quite easy and relatively cheap to collect. I also collect other things (is it a make thing, suppose so ;) ) which although not as large as military vehicles are both more time and space intensive. As such find the watches and Casios almost light relief sometimes.