What G-Shock 6900 series with module 3230 were made in Japan?

Desert

Hi All. I am really starting to increase my G-Shock collection.

One of my favorite G-Shock's is the 6900 model. However, I'd like to get one that is made in Japan. I am preferably after the 3230 module as importantly it has full auto calendar till the year 2099. I also prefer the stealth/ all black look, but I want a clear LCD screen for legibility. I considered modifying one of the following models with Mil Spec bezel and band.

I did some research and found the following 6900 models which were made in Japan:

1.) DW-6900B-9JF Basic Standard Fox Fire (JDM, "Japan Y" on caseback). This seems to have the 3230 module (and the full auto calendar to 2099). I believe these were produced from 2007-2011 and are still available NEW.

2.) I also found DW-6900MC-7a ("Japan M" on caseback). I believe this has the now discontinued 1289 module number (the dated version, with the calendar to 2039, not 2099 as Id like). I believe these were produced from 2004-Jul 2006.

3.) I also found DW-6900MC-7JF (JDM), but I cannot confirm the module number used and couldn't find much information about this model. It could just be the same as the DW-6900MC-7a (Japan M) model, but was referenced poorly.

OK, my main question is does anyone know whether the background of the LCD screen on the newer DW-6900B-9JF Fox Fire is as clear/ bright as that used on the earlier DW-6900MC-7a "Japan M" model?
I saw a thread stating the DW-6900MC-7a had a very legible LCD compared to the models made in China and Thailand at that time, BUT I have no idea if the later 3230 module "Japan Y" watch's LCD has as well and I cant tell from pictures? It appears to me that the later 3230 module "Japan Y" watches may use the darker/gold LCD, which is not as legible/ easy to read as the older 1289 module "Japan M" model.

Any help with this question, or if anyone knows of any another 6900 model that has the full auto calendar till the year 2099, that is black (OR) has potential to be modified to black would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BACKBLAST72

Good Afternoon Desert,

As far as I know the DW6900's were made with the new module 3220 from around 2004 'till the present. The only model of DW that is stealth from factory that I know of is the DW6900MS-1, it does come with a negative display with the digits in a dark red display; and I do believe it comes with the module 3220.

I would recommend a newer version of the 6900 which is found in its recondition / newer version. I am referring to the GDX6900-1 which does come with painted letters on the bezel. However it would be a simple modification process to remove the paint from the lettering and give it that stealth look you are looking for. The GDX is 10% bigger than your standard 6900 and it comes equipped with a ten year battery life. Plus the display its bigger and thus, tends to be alot more legible on the wrist than your standard 6900.

On the flip side if you must have a DW6900 than I would recommend to purchase the original standard version of this watch which is the DW6900-1CR and you would just have to do the small mod on the lettering but you will have the plus of a positive display like you are looking for. It does come with a different module which is the 3230 version.

I have both the DW and the GDX models and I would agree with you the 6900 in what ever version of families is an awesome G to have. I tend to like the bigger version of them though.

Hopefully this insight help you and would point you in the right direction.

Desert

Good Afternoon Desert,

As far as I know the DW6900's were made with the new module 3220 from around 2004 'till the present. The only model of DW that is stealth from factory that I know of is the DW6900MS-1, it does come with a negative display with the digits in a dark red display; and I do believe it comes with the module 3220.

I would recommend a newer version of the 6900 which is found in its recondition / newer version. I am referring to the GDX6900-1 which does come with painted letters on the bezel. However it would be a simple modification process to remove the paint from the lettering and give it that stealth look you are looking for. The GDX is 10% bigger than your standard 6900 and it comes equipped with a ten year battery life. Plus the display its bigger and thus, tends to be alot more legible on the wrist than your standard 6900.

On the flip side if you must have a DW6900 than I would recommend to purchase the original standard version of this watch which is the DW6900-1CR and you would just have to do the small mod on the lettering but you will have the plus of a positive display like you are looking for. It does come with a different module which is the 3230 version.

I have both the DW and the GDX models and I would agree with you the 6900 in what ever version of families is an awesome G to have. I tend to like the bigger version of them though.

Hopefully this insight help you and would point you in the right direction.

Hey BACKBLAST72 much appreciated, thank you. Yep DW-6900MS-1 comes in both 1289 and 3220 modules from memory, calendars from 2039 till 2099 respectively. They are a cool watch.

I'm just trying to get a 6900 with 3220 module that is MADE IN JAPAN in black stealth, or something that could be modded black stealth. Cheers though! ;) I might go the fox fire and mod that ;)