WRUW : 7th Nov -> 13th Nov

macspite

Tried for all the elevens but was on a train bumping its way down the east coast so the resulting shot is, err, abstract and artistic. However I did get a shot of my "Lover's" CodeName in Edinburgh. Well, in the breakfast room of the hotel I was in. Fried breakfast and haggis, sets you up for the day!

IMG_1795.jpg

macspite

I bid on and won a watch on eBay on Monday the 7th at midday and postie handed it to me this morning, Saturday 12th at 09:00. Nothing special about that except that this watch had come all the way from Japan. The postage cost me £3.15 - less than many UK eBay sellers charge.

It's the second time I have bought a watch from eBay seller murabitokun and I am happy to recommend them to anyone. Watches aren't their mainstream activity though normally there are a couple for sale but there's also a great range of distinctly Japanese figures and other items.

No connection other than as a satisfied customer.

So what arrived, set to Tokyo time, well protected inside a sturdy red box? This:

IMG_1817.jpg

DWX-100-9AT

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite, now that is good service. G looks very cool in a sort of late 90s futuristic way.

GLX GLide again today.

IMG_20111112_152356.jpg

macspite

Went to the Imperial War Museum, Duxford today as it was Remembrance Sunday. Museum was free (saving the normal £16.50), vast and packed. Although an aetheist i attended the service for the chance to reflect on those who have given up their lives to secure ours.

Went on board a de Haviland Comet hoping to photograph my GW-3000 "cockpit series" analog against the flight deck instruments but lighting and press of people pushing past put paid to that idea. Tried some shots in the coach on the way home but, unless you want to see out of focus, orange lit blurs I am keeping the pictures to myself.

Got home with seconds to spare to successfully bid on eBay to keep the obligatory "two in the post" running :)