Range man questions

Syncityj

Hi, I’m curious if anyone has experienced this; my watch won’t charge passed M. I work a lot out doors and my watch is exposed to sunlight 7-8 hrs a day. I’m not sure if there’s something I’m doing wrong. I’ve got a jays and Kay’s bull bar, would that be the cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deepsea_Dweller

Not sure tbh, maybe a photo would help too; but let's make a test. My Burton ran out of battery - will be charged on my rooftop whole day ... Let's see tonight Keep you updated

5a3f2e3c504938f13d8d06d597c52f50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Syncityj

c6adf91f932b38207fd8d6ee67580538.jpg

Does his help? I wear this watch all the time. I don’t know why it’s not getting fully charged.

Deepsea_Dweller

I'm going to charge my Kobe Rangeman today [ 'M' at the moment ] as well - let's see tonight ... where and when did you buy this Rangeman ?
3d83ea189e0be845c97b981f37e3b5ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Deepsea_Dweller

c6adf91f932b38207fd8d6ee67580538.jpg

Does his help? I wear this watch all the time. I don’t know why it’s not getting fully charged.

Here is the deal. Kobe Rangeman early morning medium charged and Burton Rangeman totally empty - both had been charged for around 8 hours on my rooftop. Great Sunshine nonstop. Result: Kobe fully charged while the Burton is still on M! Pls note it takes very long from M to H. Perhaps you try the same next weekend or so. Otherwise try to contact the seller and/ or a nearby Casio Dealer

c18ce5ee8542bac5856ec45875da173f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Syncityj

Here is the deal. Kobe Rangeman early morning medium charged and Burton Rangeman totally empty - both had been charged for around 8 hours on my rooftop. Great Sunshine nonstop. Result: Kobe fully charged while the Burton is still on M! Pls note it takes very long from M to H. Perhaps you try the same next weekend or so. Otherwise try to contact the seller and/ or a nearby Casio Dealer

c18ce5ee8542bac5856ec45875da173f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Awesome! I’ll give that a shot. I like having the watch for work, so it’ll have to wait for the weekend for sure. I bought the watch from amazon a little less than 9 months ago.

BACKBLAST72

Good Morning Syncityj,

I had a similar issue with my original Rangeman (GW9400-1). The issue was a two part problem. Sometimes through shipment or storage depending where your watch has traveled before arriving at your hands they are stored in some areas where there is magnetic interference and it scrambles the module (watch's computer) and thus, the watch functions improperly this includes the charging cycle of it.

So there is a way to check and see if your module is functioning properly. You are going to grab your watch and press three buttons in this sequence: 1) press the ADJUST button first and keep holding it, then 2) press the MODE button hold it down and last 3) press the REVERSE button then release all three buttons. If you pressed all the buttons correctly you should get the letters SLR in the upper center display where you usually see the day of the week being displayed. Then press the MODE button once again and you should get TLT on the same window that you originally got SLR on; go ahead and tilt your watch now and you should get on the main screen four 8's meaning your module is correctly programmed and does not need resetting.

Second, if all the above check out then believe it or not sometimes we tend to accumulate an oily residue on the entire face of the watch. This in turn affects the ability of the solar panel on the display to work properly. I would recommend to give your watch a good and thorough wash with just (warm soapy water and the use of a soft bristle brush). An old tooth brush works just fine. You will be amazed how much faster your watch charges and receives its calibration signal when the display its clean. Try this first and if all this does not help you please let me know and I will talk you through the steps to reset your module.

Deepsea_Dweller

Welcome back BB72 - long time no see. Wow where did u get this information? Didn't hear about that tbh. Anyway Burton Rangeman has been fully charged from zero to hero ( never in doubt ) but it took me 2 full Hong Kong sunshine days. Have to set the time and date yet.

2175414a2605dc3203ae864ccbf6df62.jpg

Good luck Syncity and let us know if you got any good results.

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Syncityj

I did the test that bb72 suggested and everything worked, so, a good cleaning it shall be, and I’ll leave it in the sun over the weekend and see what happens. No, when I first got the watch, it was at M, I left it on my dash for about an hour or so, and then it was full. Does thE watch need to be in direct sunlight? Can I leave it in a windowsill, inside? I wear this watch everyday and aside from the possibility of residue, I’m at a loss. I will keep you guys posted either late this weekend or early next week with results if any.

Syncityj

One more question, if I may; as stated previously, I wear this watch to work. That being said, I have essentially reunited the glass on this watch. I picked up a replacement bezel and glass already, but do I need anything else?