Range man questions

BACKBLAST72

Good evening Syncityj,

So your watch is back to medium power and its not charging to full? Did they inspect the solar cells when you took it to the authorized dealer? Welding can create pretty high temperatures which could damage the solar cells internally. It would be a good idea to actually take a look at the inside working of your Rangeman and see if there is any damage to them or to the ribbon which connects them to the module. There is a cool video on Youtube from a guy who shows you how to take it apart and put it back together step by step.

Try troubleshooting the cells and see if there is some damage if not then I would take a look at the battery cradle and its restraining clips on the back. Maybe something is stuck or jammed in there 'causing the short in the power consumption or recharging of the battery.

Please let us know what you find out.

Syncityj

I have a 2 year warranty with amazon, so it’ll be going back before I open it up. The watch wasn’t fully charging, gave it a quick wash, and then shortly there after fully charged. While welding, I always wore welding gloves, which fully covered the watch face from direct heat and arc flash. Occasionally the stray spatter would hit my wrist and consequently my watch, resulting in the pictures damage. It hasn’t caused any recent issues, except for this, and I’ve been doing a lot less welding lately. I don’t know. I will be sending it back Monday afternoon however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk