Entirely new Rangeman model in 2018 on the horizon

Deepsea_Dweller

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-rangeman-gpr-b1000-1-with-gps-navigation-system/

67d5e4c59da5dd01d2544b92d2d13b81.jpg

[ Credit/ Photo: Adam Craniotes )

Sent from my iPhone 7+

GraniteFraggle

That looks good - lets hope it still solar and doesn't suffer from the smart watch battery issue.

*Edit*

According to the placard, this is a mud-resistant, solar-powered watch with a Triple Sensor, GPS Navigator with app-based map display, and Bluetooth connectivity. The watch also has a low-temperature LCD display, sapphire crystal, and carbon fiber insert band. It is water-resistant to 200 meters as expected. The sign also says “Wireless Charging” which we’re assuming refers to a charger with an AC adapter. We’re guessing there are multiple ways to charge the watch as it probably needs more frequent charging when using the navigation feature a lot. While the recent GPW-2000 Gravitymaster has a Mission Stamp function which serves as a GPS tracking log, the GPR-B1000 is the first G-Shock with the “Navigation System” feature (with full details to be released later).

So does seem like a g shock smartwatch. Might not be for me at the battery life and lack of charging out in the wilds would make this a non starter. Intrigued though - will they spilt the line ie smartwatch types alongside their more traditional dig or digi ana - there's two different markets. The big pls for me is the solar charging and multiband. I love those 2 features.