What should i buy ?

Dreamix

Hi to all

I wanna buy my first casio and have headache .

My fav is the gwg 1000 mudmaster because of it is how it is :) for me is the baro very important, coz i am a hiker.
But i am a diver too, and so a depth sensor would be nice to have.

And there is my problem... should i buy the gwn q1000 with the quad sensor (deep) or is this model not worth because of the problems and the discontinuing of casio?
I cant find any reason why the quad model isnt available??

Can anyone help me with my choose

Greets and sorry for my bad english ;)

Chris

Deepsea_Dweller

Firstly welcome aboard Dreamix. Concerning your question both are pretty cool and you gotta check by yourself what suits you most. I have both models and I'm happy and satisfied since day one. The GWG 1000 Mudmaster is around for quite some time ( early 2015 ) and is one of the finest and most popular G Shocks over the past few years. The Gulfmaster on the other hand was the first G Shock to feature something entirely new: The Quad-Sensor ( altimeter, barometer, thermometer, compass, plus a depth gauge, and was introduced at Baselworld 2016.

a9a8d9bbf73b505fc9be08c7445b87b1.jpg

Good luck !

Dreamix

Firstly welcome aboard Dreamix. Concerning your question both are pretty cool and you gotta check by yourself what suits you most. I have both models and I'm happy and satisfied since day one. The GWG 1000 Mudmaster is around for quite some time ( early 2015 ) and is one of the finest and most popular G Shocks over the past few years. The Gulfmaster on the other hand was the first G Shock to feature something entirely new: The Quad-Sensor ( altimeter, barometer, thermometer, compass, plus a depth gauge, and was introduced at Baselworld 2016.

a9a8d9bbf73b505fc9be08c7445b87b1.jpg

Good luck !

Thank you very much.

I like the design of both. But the gulfmaster have the depth sensor, and the great composite band...so i prefer this one. In other case the mudmaster have the gel and is a stable watch for years.

But i read that the quad sensor is discontinued, and i want to know why? Is the quad sensor a bad and unlucky product??
So im not sure if the gwn q1000 will be a good choice for a long time, because the new watch should be my daily thing for many years, day and night and in every situation. My watch wont leave my wrist ;)
Have both the same functions? Except the depth sensor?

Now i can get a brandnew q100MC for nearly 500$ and a new gwg1000 for 400-450 $

Now i have more headache :confused:

Deepsea_Dweller

Thank you very much.

I like the design of both. But the gulfmaster have the depth sensor, and the great composite band...so i prefer this one. In other case the mudmaster have the gel and is a stable watch for years.

But i read that the quad sensor is discontinued, and i want to know why? Is the quad sensor a bad and unlucky product??
So im not sure if the gwn q1000 will be a good choice for a long time, because the new watch should be my daily thing for many years, day and night and in every situation. My watch wont leave my wrist
Have both the same functions? Except the depth sensor?

Now i can get a brandnew q100MC for nearly 500$ and a new gwg1000 for 400-450 $

Now i have more headache ❔

Which Gulfmaster ( composite band ) are you looking for? There're several models/ colours available. As far as I know there will be another release this month as well. Where did you get the info about the discontinuation?

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Dreamix

Which Gulfmaster ( composite band ) are you looking for? There're several models/ colours available. As far as I know there will be another release this month as well. Where did you get the info about the discontinuation?

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Im interested in this model: GWN-Q1000MC-1A2ER (blue and black)

Andere this info i get from Casio Europe:

"We can inform you about your request.
Model GWN-Q1000 is discontinued. A new edition of this model is currently not planned. Unfortunately, we do not know whether a model with quad sensor will be released in the future.
For further questions or tips & tricks on our products, visit our support website.
http://www.casio-europe.com/de/support/
Also visit our CASIO online shop
under
http://de.casio-shop.eu/
Best regards"

And this is from the casio german page unser the model q1000:

"Note
This watch model is not part of the current collection"

Proberly the quad sensor models will be only available in asia (Japan and so far) and maybe in the us.

On the europe casio Homepage the q1000 isnt available, only on the japan homepage...

Ive seen the new collection from the quad models, but only on the japan homepage, in Europe you cant buy. Only few"old" devices that are stil left in the shops.

but i dont care, because when i buy at a official Store, the guarantee is still there :)

and now im more confused because the pro trek 7000 is a beautiful watch too, so im in a fight with myself if i really need the depth sensor an it will be the GWG-1000, or the GWN-Q1000, or the PRW-7000 3ER

thats a disaster :black_eyed:

Deepsea_Dweller

Yeah I heard Europe can be a headache ( in terms of Casio newest releases ) Bit off topic . How about the new GPR-B1000-1 Rangeman ? Is it available now? Got mine in April Just checked and these are the latest Gulfmaster Quad Sensor releases.
https://www.g-central.com/3-new-qua...gwn-q1000a-2a-gwn-q1000gb-1a-gwn-q1000mca-1b/
My bad - as it's been awhile already. Btw I'll be getting the middle one - GWN-Q1000GB-1ajf- sometimes this or next month and it will be my fifth Quad- Gulfmaster . I'm not into composite band but no doubt they're cool. Good luck and pls keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Dreamix

Yeah I heard Europe can be a headache ( in terms of Casio newest releases ) Bit off topic . How about the new GPR-B1000-1 Rangeman ? Is it available now? Got mine in April Just checked and these are the latest Gulfmaster Quad Sensor releases.
https://www.g-central.com/3-new-qua...gwn-q1000a-2a-gwn-q1000gb-1a-gwn-q1000mca-1b/
My bad - as it's been awhile already. Btw I'll be getting the middle one - GWN-Q1000GB-1ajf- sometimes this or next month and it will be my fifth Quad- Gulfmaster . I'm not into composite band but no doubt they're cool. Good luck and pls keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Hey cool :cool:

Here the new rangeman still not available, but its possible to order.

I think its a great watch and its amazing what he squeezed in this little "Box" :encouragement:

But for my (daily) use, the rangeman is not necessary, because gps and nav is in every mobile phone, so its a gimmick for me.
But for sure, pplz in a special Situation and with no other solution to get gps, its a lifesaver :encouragement:

I have choose my decision and orderd a q1000mc with composite Band for 500$ brandnew ;)
Its the better choice when i compare to a gwg 1000...the depth sensor is worth a lot for me, and im not really going to play in mud ;)

Hopefully the quad sensor wont suck, and will work for a looooong time :D

Congrats for your collection....respect :encouragement:

I dont want to collect, want it for daily use :p

Thank you so much for your Feedback...great group here and i will stay :very_drunk:

Deepsea_Dweller

Well done Dreamix. Great news. Pls plenty of photos upon arrival and thanks for the compliments. Eagerly awaiting the arrival and your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Deepsea_Dweller

Hey cool

Here the new rangeman still not available, but its possible to order.

I think its a great watch and its amazing what he squeezed in this little "Box" :encouragement:

But for my (daily) use, the rangeman is not necessary, because gps and nav is in every mobile phone, so its a gimmick for me.
But for sure, pplz in a special Situation and with no other solution to get gps, its a lifesaver :encouragement:

I have choose my decision and orderd a q1000mc with composite Band for 500$ brandnew
Its the better choice when i compare to a gwg 1000...the depth sensor is worth a lot for me, and im not really going to play in mud

Hopefully the quad sensor wont suck, and will work for a looooong time

Congrats for your collection....respect :encouragement:

I dont want to collect, want it for daily use

Thank you so much for your Feedback...great group here and i will stay :very_drunk:

It's been awhile Any updates? Pls show us your latest arrival

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Dreamix

Hi and sorry for this very late reply :)

I didn't have so much time, lot of work...

I'm still on my old suunto core, was on the way to order the Quad MC and then I saw a GPW - 1000TBS - 1AER for 580€

And now I'm in trouble again :(
I never spent so much time on buying a watch... Crazy and weird

I don't know even when I will buy and what I will buy, but I will post it here and let you know.

The problem is that lot of casio are my favs and they all are great and looks gorgeous...