WRUW : 14th Nov -> 19th Nov

macspite

Nice easy-read display for the first part of the day, a trip to the new Blackfriars South rail station currently being built with a less than pristine DW-003X-4T.

S5000765.jpg

Got home to find a red card from the postman plus a jiffy bag that hadn't needed a signature. Now wearing the contents:

S5000788.jpg

Another shot without my pudgy little wrist in the way:

S5000791.jpg

I'm now sitting in the dusk playing with the cool - well, not a backlight, more of a sidelight from the two LEDs:

S5000803.jpg

GW-1400DU-1AVER from a listing on eBay with a low quality picture and this description:

I have forgotten the model and unfortunately cannot find the box - a christmas present two years ago but have not worn it for a year as treated to another watch. It still looks very good a few marks on the side which indicates that it is not new. It has been sat in my draw for months and decided to sell it on as i do not wear it. It has many functions many that I did not use it even corrects itself! So it is not worth asking me too many questions I am sure that you can google it. The number on the strap is S1015L. Someone else will get some use from it

So took a punt and got a solar / atomic with stainless bracelet for £33 including the 2 quid postage!

rutteger

Administrator
GW-1400DU-1AVER from a listing on eBay with a low quality picture and this description:

So took a punt and got a solar / atomic with stainless bracelet for £33 including the 2 quid postage!

..and that is why eBay can rule sometimes. There are true bargains out there for the G-shock fan with a good eye :D Nice catch!

rutteger

Administrator
Gone with the G-2500 today. Just put it on a resin strap.

IMG_20111117_085432.jpg

Pleased enough with the results, only small snag is the resin on the bezel and strap are very obviously different....

macspite

If the name reflected the conditions in which I have just been working it wouldn't just be "Mudman" - more like "Broken glass,
used syringe, broken concrete, low headroom, rusty metal, empty cider can, abusive drunks, mudman."

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it though...

S5000851.jpg

S5000847.jpg

And here is a teaser for tomorrow's wrist wear ...

S5000857-1.JPG

macspite

@rutteger - what colour is the body and bezel of your 2500? Mine is a dark army green, almost but not quite black at first glance but obviously green when put alongside a standard black G-Shock.

rutteger

Administrator
The bezel print looks interesting :cool:

@rutteger - what colour is the body and bezel of your 2500? Mine is a dark army green, almost but not quite black at first glance but obviously green when put alongside a standard black G-Shock.

It is black. Although the pieces which affix to the bezel screws and go under the watch body (no idea of their proper name) are very dark green.

rutteger

Administrator
Not a G today.

IMG_20111118_103329.jpg

Casio DBC-32. Quite like the coloured versions of these but they always seem quite pricey!

macspite

Nice piece of kit. I love some of the Casio calculators and TV remotes and the like.

Now for today - a lesson in trying to wear a watch with an extra long strap for wearing over clothes without its keeper:

S5000875.jpg

Who is to blame for this? Well, it was a post in the eBay, Amazon and Marketplace watch that induced me to bid on the watch ...

S5000881.jpg

This is it:

S5000884.jpg

Not a DW-6600 but a DW-6620-3 but with a plain green transparent band rather than a "camo" style. However it does have the backlight -

S5000865.jpg

This was the listing

rutteger

Administrator
Nice win, glad it went to someone on here. I did have a small go at that one :D Didn't realise it had an extra long strap....

macspite

À visit to the re-opened Royal Armouries at Fort Nelson today. Wore a DW-9500 on a webbing strap (not a NATO) and said hello to my old friend - the Ordnance Quick Firing 25 pounder - see below for a video of it in action - or is it?

Laying the gun - in service until 1992 in the British Army so a G-Shock isn't entirely anachronisitic

S5000005.jpg

The slightly used DW-9500 with aftermarket strap, don't have a complete model number so if anyone can help I will be able to submit it to the watchshock.com archives.

S5000017.jpg

[video=youtube;qGNYMz8t_Lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=qGNYMz8t_Lw[/video]