Pro Trek PRW 6100Y Time Display Error

jamesbeale

Hi all,

I purchased a new Casio Pro Trek PRW 6100Y about 6 weeks ago (sorry if this is a G Shock-only forum but could not find any specific for Pro Trek). Three times I have now woken up in the morning to find the analogue hands displaying the wrong time, but the digital time correct - see photo below, the correct time when this was taken was 9:46am, but the hands show 12:46pm but even then the hour hand is not in the correct position! If I try to adjust the time manually, they both adjust by the same amount, ie. if I change it to 9:30am digital, the analogue will change to 12:30pm. Within 1 or 2 hours, the analogue hands have corrected themselves and display the right time again (I have not actually seen the correction taking place). Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this and how to rectify it? I am currently location in a region not covered by atomic/radio control timekeeping, but the same thing happened when I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago which is covered by it and when the sync was succeeding every night.

Thanks.

20180729_094616.jpg

Deepsea_Dweller

Firstly welcome aboardNot a ProTrek expert but I asked around. Sounds like some kind of an internal problem with the module.. ( maybe a mechanical problem with the gear train ) and you should be definitely contacting Casio directly. You got your PRW-6100Y (new) around 6 weeks ago; it should be still under warranty. Good luck and pls keep us in the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jamesbeale

Firstly welcome aboardNot a ProTrek expert but I asked around. Sounds like some kind of an internal problem with the module.. ( maybe a mechanical problem with the gear train ) and you should be definitely contacting Casio directly. You got your PRW-6100Y (new) around 6 weeks ago; it should be still under warranty. Good luck and pls keep us in the loop.

Thanks for your reply. I actually already contacted Casio, they sent a standard reply saying refer to the online manual and if it didn't resolve it then contact my local service centre. The issue is that the problem is so intermittent (3 times in around 6 or 8 weeks) and when it occurs it rectifies itself within an hour, so I am sure they are going to say that the watch is functioning ok as far as they can see. Last night I activated the Hand Home Position Adjustment function to see if that resolves it, but I don't think it will...there's clearly a serious issue when the analogue readout is showing a time for which the hour hand is in completely the wrong position in relation to the minutes past that hour.

Deepsea_Dweller

Thanks for your reply. I actually already contacted Casio, they sent a standard reply saying refer to the online manual and if it didn't resolve it then contact my local service centre. The issue is that the problem is so intermittent (3 times in around 6 or 8 weeks) and when it occurs it rectifies itself within an hour, so I am sure they are going to say that the watch is functioning ok as far as they can see. Last night I activated the Hand Home Position Adjustment function to see if that resolves it, but I don't think it will...there's clearly a serious issue when the analogue readout is showing a time for which the hour hand is in completely the wrong position in relation to the minutes past that hour.

Where did you buy it ? Authorised Casio Dealer ?

Deepsea_Dweller

Yes authorised dealer in Dubai. I have the warranty card stamped, but I know how they are here - unless they can see the problem they will just turn a blind eye to it.

I'm afraid but that's the procedure I guess. I would try contacting the original AD ( In Dubai ) and see if they know what the warranty procedure is, and what service center would repair the watch. Then you can contact the service center to make sure of all their rules and procedures before sending the watch.

Sent from my iPhone 7+