Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to G-Shock

New to G-Shock

I've just purchased a DW5600HR-1 as my first G-shock although I am not new to Casio, having purchased my first Casio watch, an F100, in 1978.

Having knocked and broken my last watch (not a Casio) I'm keen to fit bullbars on my DW5600. I've seen a few on ebay (some unbranded and some genuine) but have seen reference elsewhere to being able to purchase genuine for $4 each.

I'm in New Zealand and don't think I'll be able to get genuine spares here. Can anyone recommend a supplier who may be able to help me or does anyone have spares they would sell me?
    Thanks
    Richard

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2. Advertisement Register to remove this advert

I think I have got to the bottom of this. Casio no longer make the bullbars. The KayandJays bullbars are a similar diameter wire to the originals. However a review of other aftermarket bullbars says they are smaller diameter than the originals.

New to G-Shock

Welcome aboard @RichardinNZ and congrats on your DW- 5600hr. Not an expert on bullbars whatsoever but will send you 2 links via PM and maybe you can work your way through from there. Good luck and pls stay with us👍and more importantly lets see your new DW-5600 and post some nice shots😎

Update👍
    PM sent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Deepsea_Dweller; 2019-01-23 at 10:34.

Deepsea_Dweller thanks for the reply and also for the links. I'll follow those up as I am quite rough with watches and forget to remove them when working on the car or DIY etc (although I managed to break the last when I was out shopping).

The watch should arrive soon, so looking forward to both having my fist G-shock and also to knowing the time without checking my phone...

New to G-Shock

@RichardinNZ😎 Cool👍👍👍 Looking forward to your next post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking at the slow progress of the shipping by the Ebay Global Shipping Program it'll be a further week or so before I receive it....

Quote Originally Posted by RichardinNZ View Post
    Looking at the slow progress of the shipping by the Ebay Global Shipping Program it'll be a further week or so before I receive it....

👍👍👍

Sent from my iPhone 7+

Note for myself...
    Next time...remember to find a seller who. Does not use the Ebay Global Shipping Program. It left the seller 7 days ago, spent 4 days at the global shipping centre and is now heading out again to fly to New Zealand. FedEx would probably take 3 or 4 days from the seller to me.

Still waiting for delivery...

Since my last message I have found that we are going to have 13 hours in Hong Kong as a stopover to visit family back in England in April. Sounds like I may have time to visit some shops to start my collection (as I'm guessing the one watch I have on order does not count as a collection).

Quote Originally Posted by RichardinNZ View Post
    Still waiting for delivery...

Since my last message I have found that we are going to have 13 hours in Hong Kong as a stopover to visit family back in England in April. Sounds like I may have time to visit some shops to start my collection (as I'm guessing the one watch I have on order does not count as a collection).

Gotta send you few shop names via pm later this month 👍

Sent from my iPhone 7+