G-Shock Army Green Series

seanobsdot

they should amke a mudman for this series i agree it would go perfect with that tank. but in ny they have the toughest gun laws in the world it sux. my bud whos stationed in the air force in lakentheath, england says its a lot more lax with guns and stuff over there is that true?

Amontgomery

No, You can get a handgun in NYC, it just takes a lot of work, paperwork and legal loopholes.

It is one reason why I love living away from "big city mentalities". I can have whatever I want to have, except full autos, sbrs, cans, etc unless I pay the tax on them.

macspite

@rutteger

ferret callout.JPG

The driver has a seat fixed to the bottom of the vehicle hull, the commander is on a padded platform behind that is on a scissor lift arrangement allowing sitting or standing so that he can stand and look out of the turret, sit and still see or, when at its lowest sit with hatches closed behind the driver rather like the king and queen seat on a motorbike.

We seem to have drifted away from G-Shocks ... :)

macspite

@seanobsdot

Uk has a lot of restrictions brought in very quickly after each of two mass shootings. Shotgun ownership is reasonably lax with the police needing show that there is no due cause for you to own one but we are restricted to maximum three shot before re-loading and no detachable magazines - means my old bolt-action Mossberg became illegal as it had a two shot magazine that could be removed.

Handguns and rifles have a mass of legislation attached, the onus is on the prospective owner to prove a need to own. I am not up on the current state of our firearms laws except to know that Olympic small bore rifle contestants from the UK find it a lot easier to keep their weapon and to practice outside of the UK. Certainly no auto or, I believe, semi-auto though I have had the pleasure of firing a 9mm Browning when a guest of the British Army.

This has done nothing to stop the mass of illegally held weapons that are becoming more frequently used here.

Again, we seem to be drifting away from G-Shocks ... :)

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite nifty, assume from the plate that's a few years old?

@seanobsdot interesting point, as macspite says the UK has a lot of restrictions around the ownership of rifles and pistols.

Again, we seem to be drifting away from G-Shocks ... :)

Somewhat!

macspite

@rutteger - 1954 vehicle original registration 38 BA 15, left service 1975 and has an age related civilian plate.

seanobsdot

@rutteger and macspite- well i just booked a fight to come over there in february just have to get my passport looking foward to it never have been out of the states before and im surprised they are so rigid over there. very interesting! and your both right g shock talk seems to have gone by the wayside on this thread :) guns are cool too though