DW 5600e Problem

phatjack

I've had this watch for 3 months shy of 2 years. When I turn on the light. It's hard to read the numbers. This just started to happen. Why?

phatjack

Update. When I turn on the light. The digital read out disappears. The screen goes blank. Battery? But less than 2 years use. The only feature I use is the light. I thought the battery is good for 3 years? I've heard the battery is good for 10 years? What gives?

Deepsea_Dweller

Update. When I turn on the light. The digital read out disappears. The screen goes blank. Battery? But less than 2 years use. The only feature I use is the light. I thought the battery is good for 3 years? I've heard the battery is good for 10 years? What gives?

Pls post a few photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deepsea_Dweller

I don't have the equipment or expertise to post photos.

Ok .. It sounds to me like it needs a new battery. If you don't use the EL backlight too much, the battery may last 5 or 10 years. The more backlight use, the shorter the battery life. That’s the reason many prefer solar watches. You may check on YouTube videos about DW-5600E battery change. There’re some! Also there’re a couple of posts about this topic on the internet. Check it out. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deepsea_Dweller

Weird ... no idea tbh :-( Way way too quick..... btw where did you get it from? Also the battery. Let’s have some photos this time Really curious. Front and backplate if you don’t mind

Sent from my iPhone 7+

phatjack

Thanks. Still no skill or equipment for pictures. Original battery lasted 2 years. Replacement 1 year. Is this normal? I bought the battery at & it was installed by the jewelry lady at Walmart. I had watched a youtube video, she did it right but didn't clean it. The only thing I use is the back light. I expected the replacement battery to last 2 years. Was that unrealistic?

Deepsea_Dweller

Did you get your DW 5600e from Walmart as well? Just checked with a fellow G Shocker about the average battery lifespan of a DW-5600e and it’s definitely a couple of years. So either the backlight is used too much or the replacement battery ( Walmart) didn't have full capacity. You may check with them again!