WRUW : 21st Nov - > 27th Nov

rutteger

Administrator
Started the week with one I retrieved from storage. The G-300LV in white. One of the few I bought from new, picked it up in Akihabra.

IMG_20111121_093703.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Should have one in the post. Love it was you pay enough for post to have it sent via 24 hour courier yet the item remains unsent after a week and will doubtlessly arrive via regular 2nd class post.

Anyhow went with the trust Gulfman today.

IMG_20111122_130243.jpg

macspite

And I'm getting stuff that I pay 2 to 3 quid postage on through the door almost by return! Must say I like the Gulfman rather more than the G-300 - the digital dials seem too large in comparison with the hands but it may be because I have seen too many Froggies with hands recently :)

Been too lazy / too overworked to change watches, been wearing this since Sunday:

IMG_1858.jpg

It's a DW-003 probably an HH model with the wrong wrist strap and probably a bezel change as well. It's main claim to fame is the Beat Per Minute counter which to some extent is lost on me as my clubbing days are a distant memory but is also very useful to set the BPM to the current rate for CPR and then, should you ever find yourself in the situation where you have to try and revive someone with no pulse, at least you have something beeping at the correct rate for chest compressions

rutteger

Administrator
And I'm getting stuff that I pay 2 to 3 quid postage on through the door almost by return!

Indeed it grates. However the watch will be a nice price even with stupid postage factored in. Sure I can find something to wear in the meantime ;)

Must say I like the Gulfman rather more than the G-300 - the digital dials seem too large in comparison with the hands but it may be because I have seen too many Froggies with hands recently :)

Agree! The Gulfman is one of my 'go to' Gs. The G-300 I'm not so fussed on, if it wasn't for the fact I'm slightly attached to it given it was purchased in Tokyo it'd go. In hindsight I've no idea why I went with that model when I could almost have chosen anything.

It's a DW-003 probably an HH model with the wrong wrist strap and probably a bezel change as well. It's main claim to fame is the Beat Per Minute counter which to some extent is lost on me as my clubbing days are a distant memory but is also very useful to set the BPM to the current rate for CPR and then, should you ever find yourself in the situation where you have to try and revive someone with no pulse, at least you have something beeping at the correct rate for chest compressions

HH = Helly Hanson? Or I have missed something more obvious? Never had one with BPM counter, how does it work? Assume you set the watch and it indicates BPM in some fashion?

macspite

BPM - when you are listening to some bangin' choon you press the light button five times in time with the beat. The watch then indicates the beats per minute. Or, with the beats per minute set press the top right button and the watch bleeps at that rate for as long as you wish - ideal for the club going paramedic!

As for HH - no idea, it's just part of the model designation DW-03HH-***

rutteger

Administrator
BPM - when you are listening to some bangin' choon you press the light button five times in time with the beat. The watch then indicates the beats per minute. Or, with the beats per minute set press the top right button and the watch bleeps at that rate for as long as you wish - ideal for the club going paramedic!

As for HH - no idea, it's just part of the model designation DW-03HH-***

Useful in the club I'm sure, esp if you're trying to push the button 200bpm to a nice bit of gabber techno and you've imbibed more than evian. Another slightly pointles but yet quite cool Casio feature :D

Wonder what HH stands for (if anything)?

Nothing exiciting on today. Still no new watch.

macspite

Too busy to photograph the watch I was wearing to site today - on the road at 04:50, home at 19:40, just finished writing method statements and briefing sheets for next Tuesday's install. Hate to tell you this but got two in the post, collected at 19:30 from the post office - £1.25 postage each. :devilish:

macspite

Yesterday and today - a well worn DW-004 with a 2184 module, no idea of the model number. It has a very yellowed G-lide style strap. Ideal for wearing on building sites but I do have plans forming as to restoration and customisation.

IMG_1888.jpg

In the jiffy bag I picked up last night:

IMG_1876.jpg

A G-Cool without a strap - GT-000BJ-8 - and a non-G, a Casio Illuminator W-94h

Look what happens if the W-94 is angled to catch the light. Better shown as a video, it is a little like those car paints that show a different colour according to the angle at which they are viewed - this ranges from a rose pink to the iridescent green.

IMG_1880.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
DW-004 looks a good basis for a project. Look forward to seeing what happens with it.

Know the paint you mean, not seen a Casio with it before though.

Anyhow the watch of postage doom arrived today. Will get it on tomorrow. In the meantime the new (well mid period) Gulfman has been todays weapon of choice :D

IMG_20111124_210621.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
The expensive postage watch finally arrived. At least they sent it 1st recorded, shame it took a week.

A white GLS-5500P-7

IMG_20111125_135707.jpg

Which interestingly enough is stamped S. Assume this is for Sample.

IMG_20111125_135717.jpg