Anyone used these?

rutteger

Administrator
Interesting problem. BOught my Mrs a white baby-G (forget the model) which has had regular wear. The resin has marked in a couple of places but hasn't worn off anywhere as yet. Do have a couple of white Gs but given everything I have is worn in rotation I've yet to find out how they wear...

rutteger

Administrator
Like this you mean ?

main.php

main.php

macspite

Changing to another vendor - has anyone used these?

http://www.chezmaman.com

They seem to have a nice range at good prices, 10 euro shipping to UK. Not come across them before but doing a search on G-001-2er brought a whole raft of new-to-me sites selling watches as an accessory to their main business. These guys however seem to sell only watches (plus headphones).

Any comments, good or bad, welcome!

macspite

Just came across this while exploring the site:

http://www.spray-magazine.com/2011/09/g-shock-x-akroe-x-chez-maman/

Forget your Bapes, that is a good-looking collab.

As for ordering from them - though PayPal is shown as a payment option it doesn't seem to work but Visa is accepted. That option takes you to a slightly scary looking site to grab your card details that seems to have been built about 1972, Google translate or a knowledge of French may help you there. Brought up my banks verification panel correctly so it seems legit.

Let's wait and see :D

I've realised the secret to successful collecting is to always maintain a full eBay watch list and to have at least one watch in the post.

rutteger

Administrator
Hope whatever you ordered arrives in good time, let us know how you go (and what you got ;) )

Cool collab, hadn't seen that before. Wonder if it is customized over and above band and bezel.

macspite

Had a look at the site again when I was in the office with time on my hands due to being detailed for a job for which the kit isn't due until Thursday ...

The model that I had ordered was no longer on the site. Must have bought the last one.

Got home and there is an email:

You've ordered a watch on our website and we thank you for that.

Unfortunately, the Casio Gshock watch ref. G001-2ER isn't avalaible at all.

However, we've got the same in Black or in Black/Pink.

Do you want to choose another one ?

We're sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards

Maxime
ChezMaman

Merde! Je suis desolee! :mad:

I want a Bertie Bassett Jason!

As for the collab I think it is, as usual, just cosmetic changes. They appear to have some left at 129 euros a pop plus another 10 to send it to the UK.

rutteger

Administrator
Lol at the Bertie Basset. Ideal for a collaboration perhaps, Bertie Basset x G-Shock G-001-2. One day maybe. Bad luck on out of stock, not an espeically easy model to track down either...