In and out like a fiddler's elbow

macspite

Woke late this morning and checked into the site. What a surprise - a lovely big wodge of Spam for breakfast. Went downstairs to make a cup of tea, came back and - it's gone! Someone has stolen the spiced ham treat!

If you didn't see it - there was a dual posting, one in raw html and another formatted introducing us to the delights of a Chinese wholesale watches site. I had a quick look and although couldn't see precisely the kind of fakes that morbidly interest us there are a few "Astro Boy" and "Addies" DW-6900 clones that worryingly have the day in the correct place under the left and middle eye.

astro boy.JPG

Buyers beware, one of the quick indications of a fake may be gone if the Bape fakers take to using a module out of this style of watch

rutteger

Administrator
SOrry about binning the SPAM. I can save you some in future.

In all fairness to the spammer these are what one might call 'homages'. The module is indeed far closer to a pukka Casio one, sure it'll find it's way into the FAPES and dupe people online very soon....

macspite

It's not all bad news, the fakes with the obvious faults are still out there. :(

For 6900s especially there are the boxes and the rest of the packaging that are wrong, also many of the fakes look wrong, either the colours aren't right and/or the quality and precision of the lettering is off.

Best advice for anyone considering buying a Casio watch at a low, bargain price is to be wary. If the watch you see is a Bape then assume IT IS ALMOST CERTAINLY FAKE. If the seller is honest and the watch is genuine then they should be happy to furnish further photos and information to verify the watch. If they won't do anything to make you feel more confident that the deal is straight WALK AWAY.

You and I know this but I posted the above hoping that it may save someone browsing this forum from making an unfortunate mistake.

rutteger

Administrator
Think once you get your 'eye in' spotting the fakes isn't so hard. The problem arises more for the newbies sadly :(