Rangeman GPR-B1000-1 Not Charging

akaSigFreak

I know I am out of warranty and I am not too happy right now. I noticed my GPR-B1000-1 Battery Level was down a bar. I attached to the Charging Cradle and the Charge Indicator (Lightning Bolt) did not show. I unplugged and tried again- nothing. I then tried to charge on the LED/Solar Charger I have used in the past and it has sat for a few days- nothing. I have never sent a watch in for service and I'm concerned the cost will be ridiculous. Any Advice? Is there a way to 'Reboot' and Rangeman?

Deepsea_Dweller

Sorry to hear that! When did you buy the Rangeman ( from an authorised Casio Dealer ? ) Maybe something wrong with the external charger? Btw solar charging ( all bars ) takes ages ( GPR ) even here in Hongkong with constantly under the scorching and ultra bright sun ( e.g. complete weekend ) nonstop on the rooftop .. it still shows barely 2 bars ... Never have had such solar charging difficulties with my 60 plus plus solar G’s ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deepsea_Dweller

No problem here ever since ...

21b1ef957cc10275be6e7c64dfcdfd78.jpg

ba3aa3737c9e8e7c86a15838b48544dd.jpg

5792e09f4b03053862e591a7402e5dcd.jpg

akaSigFreak

I tried a few different cables and outlets for the cradle- the lightning bolt/charging indicator does not show. I left it on a solar charger for over 4 days- nothing. I thought about buying another cradle but it’s $130 and if the solar charging isn’t working either- I think that would be a waste of money. I bought it from an authorized dealer but its been 2 years and I didn’t buy an extended warranty.

Deepsea_Dweller

I tried a few different cables and outlets for the cradle- the lightning bolt/charging indicator does not show. I left it on a solar charger for over 4 days- nothing. I thought about buying another cradle but it’s $130 and if the solar charging isn’t working either- I think that would be a waste of money. I bought it from an authorized dealer but its been 2 years and I didn’t buy an extended warranty.

Can u post an up-to-date photo of the dial .... thanks .. Also you should definitely contact your authorised Casio dealer ... can’t be that expensive and since you’re their customer they might considering a fair/ special deal ( check/ repair) even without ( because expired) warranty. You may also contact Casio customer service directly and address your problem

akaSigFreak

It still isn't charging. Today- I out it outside on top of my wife's white SUVat 0700 hrs. It was outside ALL day and charging level did not change. I also tried to use the cradle again- nothing.

342F7ED1-4EDA-4F2D-A177-D4CAF62C76BF_1_201_a.jpg9004D2E9-380C-458E-BDD1-3B8DA9371A29_1_201_a.jpg

Deepsea_Dweller

Again I suggest you should send it back for checking / repair. Pls contact Casio or an AD in your city if possible ...Btw did you contact the seller ? That would be the first thing I would have done. I noticed it has 2 bars now - so somehow it’s charging ? I know many GPR Ranger owners but as far as I recall none of them had any charging issue .... ( external and or solar ) Sorry again for having trouble. It’s such a fine G Shock and not prone to technical issues whatsoever!
a097c2dec1c0e7a5d484823e5ccfcfbb.jpg

17286e8aada90bc186a526db3b948b2f.jpg

https://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/009/qw3452.pdf