DW-6630B Yellow, changed battery but no backlight, please help, my fave watch!

semiroundel

Hi all, I only did the battery replacement myself because the last time I took a casio into a Timpsons, they managed to break it.
Anyway, I was careful with the one spring that comes out of the movement and the raised metal tag bar that touches the backplate, but for the life of me I can't get the backlight to work.
Now I bought this watch around 1995 and the battery had died long ago, so I can't remember if the LED was working then-I presume so.
The only thing that I can think of - is that the clip that lifts to release the battery I had trouble with, necessitating the removal of the whole sprung plate that holds the battery in, now I've read people talking about other springs in some of these movements but not convinced this one has some, just the one on the back.
AC reset was succesful in that I managed to change time etc, I can hear the beeps of alarm etc.
Battery is good (tested it before insertion), no dimming of the numerals when backlight button depressed.
Any ideas?
I would also like to know, what the function of that spring is that comes out of the movement and touches the screw on back, and the raised tag of metal that does similar.
If anyone needs photos just say and I will post here.

Deepsea_Dweller

Photos yes pls and welcome aboard. I will be asking around and looking forward to your shots .... Is it your 1 and only G or do you have few more ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro