Rangeman discontinued ???

Dante221

Well I'm just off the phone with the Casio USA dealer in New York City ( SOHO ) (212 533 8700 )
I have read about the battery issues with the GPR-B1000-1 Rangeman and realized
if I wanted one I'd better get it from an Authorized Casio dealer in case there were warranty issues. So I called and inquired about
buying one and was told that the G-Shock Rangeman GPR-B1000-1 was discontinued and the
saleswoman knew of no newer model coming up. Does anyone know if this can be confirmed???
Disappointed.

Dante :(

Deepsea_Dweller

Welcome aboard Dante221. Yes indeed it’s discontinued. Btw what’s your G Shock collection? Care to share? Also a quick introduction here on this forum would be cool, but only if you like of course. Enjoy and pls don’t go away

eab9dc83de13a466f7535c39294f8100.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Longbowsafari

Hi!

Just joined as I was thinking of getting the Rangeman GPR-B1000-1 and I learned it was discontinued although it looks like I can find one on Ebay. Hesitant though both for authorized dealer related issues and the fact that I would hate to buy one if a new release one is about to come out. I have a Protek PRW 5214PRW and a Mudmaster 5453. I've had Casio's from long ago but didn't keep them. I'm out in the wilderness hunting a lot when I am not skiing, cycling or hunting. This Rangeman with the GPS I saw as a wonderful backup to a handheld-for emergencies. I often just use a compass anyway. Anyway, howdy, and I was hoping you might have an update or advice.

Thank you so much!

Steve

BACKBLAST72

Hi!

Just joined as I was thinking of getting the Rangeman GPR-B1000-1 and I learned it was discontinued although it looks like I can find one on Ebay. Hesitant though both for authorized dealer related issues and the fact that I would hate to buy one if a new release one is about to come out. I have a Protek PRW 5214PRW and a Mudmaster 5453. I've had Casio's from long ago but didn't keep them. I'm out in the wilderness hunting a lot when I am not skiing, cycling or hunting. This Rangeman with the GPS I saw as a wonderful backup to a handheld-for emergencies. I often just use a compass anyway. Anyway, howdy, and I was hoping you might have an update or advice.

Thank you so much!

Steve
Good Evening Steve,
I just purchased my GPRB-1000-1 from a dealer on e-Bay. And from what I understand the GPRB-1000-1B version is the model which has been discontinued by G-Shock. The 1B version is the one with the olive drab bands; which is almost impossible to find now and if you do, well you're going to pay top dollar for it, especially for a JF version of it (Japanese Market version of it). Look around e-Bay you can still find very reasonable deals for the -1 which is the black version of the Rangeman. Casio outlet stores had it on sale over the Memorial Day weekend. The Rangeman was advertised from $800.00 dollars down to $480.00 which was a 40% reduction of its MSRP. Anyway, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here; we have a lot of knowledgeable members always eager to help a fellow G-Shock enthusiast / collector. After all this thing of ours is one of a kind G-Shock experience.

Longbowsafari

Good Evening Steve,
I just purchased my GPRB-1000-1 from a dealer on e-Bay. And from what I understand the GPRB-1000-1B version is the model which has been discontinued by G-Shock. The 1B version is the one with the olive drab bands; which is almost impossible to find now and if you do, well you're going to pay top dollar for it, especially for a JF version of it (Japanese Market version of it). Look around e-Bay you can still find very reasonable deals for the -1 which is the black version of the Rangeman. Casio outlet stores had it on sale over the Memorial Day weekend. The Rangeman was advertised from $800.00 dollars down to $480.00 which was a 40% reduction of its MSRP. Anyway, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your time here; we have a lot of knowledgeable members always eager to help a fellow G-Shock enthusiast / collector. After all this thing of ours is one of a kind G-Shock experience.
Thank you! I did see if I could still pick one up somehow at that price but I was unable to find one! Oh well! Thanks again!