WRUW : 5th Dec -> 11th Dec

macspite

And this was work today - a nice new, unused ticket office at West Hampstead. Needed to crawl under the desk and route cables through the blast screen so wore one of my work watches the GW-500U

IMG_2135.jpg

Pleased to announce that Radio 4 on FM was spot on for time signals today! :)

rutteger

Administrator
It was Parcel Farce - enuff said! I have done agency work for them in the past so it was probably a mid-morning game of football ...

Got it from kickz.com/uk who sell watches as accessories to their main business of shoes and clothes. Watch came from parent company in Germany, would have been a quick delivery if they had used a reputable courier.

Car was a whole £500 which is expensive for me. A Vauxhall Omega estate with most of the luxury options, 6 months tax and 8 months MoT. And now (05:30) it's time to go to work :(

How was the pricing from kickz?

£500 for a fully loaded Omega can't be too bad. Not a white one is it ;) ?

Gone for the calculator today

IMG_20111209_155451.jpg

Out later so may wear this

IMG_20111102_153624.jpg

but probably wear something a little more reserved...

IMG_20111204_113827.jpg

macspite

Kickz price was £77.87 with free postage from Germany, about £9 more than the converted euro price from Chez Maman. The difference being that Kickz actually has stock.

171 watch models from Casio, Nixon etc in stock.

I can appreciate paying nearly 80 quid for a watch that looks like something from Fisher Price as I know the quality and technology that is involved (and it confuses the hell out of my friends) but I can't see the value in these Nixon watches even after giving their website a good going over. "Designer" gear has always struck me as somewhat suspect, can't see the added value in writing a name on a sweatshop produced piece of clothing and selling at a premium price - unless I were to do it myself!

Silver Omega, drove ok today through London traffic and on M25, A3. Nice have a fuel consumption meter again and trying to achieve economy while still maintaining speed. Off to Norwich on Tuesday so will set cruise control and have a kip in the back ... :cool: