People with Tough Solar G's

gshockpete

All mine seem to remain on 'High' even when not being used for days at a time. I do have the Power Save turned ON.

BoroGTI

I have a GX-56 and have the power save turned on and auto EL turned off (found that drained it) ive had it in my window for about 8 hours at a time (not always direct sunlight, but sunlight never the less) and it doesent seem to want to go over medium

seanobsdot

the solar ones seem to really like the direct sunlight on mine they charge up fast in direct sunlight. if you can find some sunlight for a couple of hours it should charge right up. keep the auto el off though it eats the battery up on mine. if it doesnt charge ask casioi guess.... but it should work. did u just recently purchase this watch?

rutteger

Administrator
All mine seem to remain on 'High' even when not being used for days at a time. I do have the Power Save turned ON.

x2, most of mine stay on high (and occasionally medium) with PS and Auto EL on.

the solar ones seem to really like the direct sunlight on mine they charge up fast in direct sunlight. if you can find some sunlight for a couple of hours it should charge right up. keep the auto el off though it eats the battery up on mine. if it doesnt charge ask casioi guess.... but it should work. did u just recently purchase this watch?

Good advice backed up in the Casio manuals, direct sunlight will charge the watch far quicker than sunlight on an overcast day or through a window. I'd leave it a few days on the window, if it hasn't then gone to HIGH have a think about a new battery, I've changed a few tough solar batteries well within the supposed 10 year (from memory) lifespan.

BoroGTI

Quick update, the watch has had at least 2 hours sat in direct sunlight today and a further 2 hours in normal daylight and the level indicator still hasen't moved from medium. its not a big deal for now as the watch works perfectly and doesent seem to lose charge. i get my 7900 soon so i shall be comparing to see how that behaves

rutteger

Administrator
Might have expected it to get up to H eventually. My GX-56 is on H thus far. Not a great time of year for charging tough solars in the UK ;)

gshockpete

Got my GW2310 out today and noticed it was on (M) medium. First time one of my solar's has dropped from high.

Like other rechargeable items I tend to let them go completely flat or run them right down - do I do this for solar watches ?

seanobsdot

@gshockpete-if theres nothing wrong with the battery just give it some sun and it will charge right up. when mine go to medium i just give them a little sun and they go back too high pretty quick depending on how long its been on medium and they hold the charge. if you let it go all the way down you have to wait to charge it fully (which may take a while) and i think on some of the solar watches you lose certain features as the battery goes too low.