A watch for Christmas

macspite

Dear Santa

I have been a good boy all year so I deserve lots of presents. I want a GX-56 and a GA-100 and a GW-3000 and a GLX-5600B and some Baby-Gs and lots of girlfriends to give them to and a couple of ProTreks and an Edifice or two ...

Oh sod it, just throw a brick through this window and grab the lot will ya?

IMG_2143.jpg

macspite

F. Hinds in Havant. Not the High Street unfortunately, that is home to mainly empty shops but in the wee shopping centre. Full retail on most of the watches. Must take time to go to G-Shock East next time I'm working for the DLR

rutteger

Administrator
GSE is worth a visit, esp if they have a sale on.

Something a little sad about an empty high street and / or one full of poundshops.

macspite

Well, it's all in the news! Mary Portas is telling the government how it is and giving advice about rejuvenating the town centres. I will admit to using the shop window pictured at the head of this thread as a means of checking out what a GX-56 looks like in the flesj but there is no way I would pay the ticket price when I can get one a lot cheaper via the net.

I think a lot of retail is losing out to internet shopping, that and the soul-less shopping centres are bringing the high street to its knees but heard an item on the PM programme as I was driving home - a town that has ditched sodium lighting for white electric or for gas light. Makes the centre look a lot better, encourages summer eating outside the cafes as you can actually see the colours of the food. Obviously not the solution for everything but nice to know some people are trying to bring life back to a town.