I did my own Dee and ricky

nickyc

As I am useless at anything that even resembles DIY, can you do a little guide on how you do this please? I know it may be obvious to most, but to me its like most things, I will mess it up or most definitely ruin two watches in the process.

skidzz

As I am useless at anything that even resembles DIY, can you do a little guide on how you do this please? I know it may be obvious to most, but to me its like most things, I will mess it up or most definitely ruin two watches in the process.[/QUOTE
ok no problem.I will show you how to do it.But after the holidays:cool: it is so cool to help others out!Merry Christmas guys!And thanks for the compliments!

macspite

@nickyc - what will help is to have the correct, good quality tools to hand. You don't need many and it may make more sense to buy decent tools individually rather than, as I did, buy a "watchmakers tool kit" from eBay. I soon splashed out on a decent screwdriver to replace the one in the kit.

Screwdriver - Philips #000 - will work on all the Casio models that I have come across so far.
Tweezers - thin and pointed
Jewellers eyeglass - I bought a set of 3 which clip onto my own glasses and hinge out the way if not required
Plastic tweezers for battery handling - I use a bamboo kebab skewer instead
Springbar tool for watch strap removal
Tupperware box or washing up bowl to work in so that small bits don't go missing
Other tools as and when you need them
PC with G-Shockzone bookmarked for advice

Might be an idea to wander round a car boot or grab a couple of cheapies off eBay to practice on. First time you do a battery change and bring a dead watch back to life is a really great feeling!