WRUW : 19th to 25th December

Bubbly Tubs

Still got one more shift to go. But here's last nights kit

b9dae4bb.jpg

@ rutteger all I can say is I won't be trying to turn a front wheel drive car around in a field again any time soon ha ha

rutteger

Administrator
@ rutteger all I can say is I won't be trying to turn a front wheel drive car around in a field again any time soon ha ha

Ah yes, not be recommended. Still probably better (depending on your point of view) to RWD in last years snow ;).

Went for the DW-5025 today, it's white so must be vaguely festive, right :D

IMG_20111223_142958.jpg

macspite

Working for DLR today, itinerary somewhat dictated by my DLR counterpart's need to go to certain shops! Must get to Brick Lane sometime when I am in DLR land.

Gave my new King its first outing, think I got a bargain at £65.10 including post, been admiring the one in Hinds' window at full £125 retail every time I popped into our local town.

So here it is (Merry Christmas) ...

IMG_2392.jpg

Everybody's having fun?

macspite

I thought it was around the best I could hope for - from watches2u. Tried typing "watches2u promo code" into google and got an additional 7% off with code W2U1 entered at point of sale. Cheaper than anything I could find on eBay, orderedon Monday, City Link delivered Wednesday with order acknowledgement and tracking and a follow up after sales feedback questionnaire tonight. Good service!

macspite

Having a lie in, thinking about taking the GW-3000B for an outing when Roger the postie rang the doorbell. Today's choice of G has been made for me by a combination of quick packaging by the eBay seller and speedy work by Deutsche DHL and the post office.

Paid a stiff price for this one but it is in nice nick. And the Daddy to the King. :cool:

DW-8300 aka Stargate aka Heavy Metal:

IMG_2413.jpg

And now to the post office to pick up the last? parcel of the year :)

rutteger

Administrator
I thought it was around the best I could hope for - from watches2u. Tried typing "watches2u promo code" into google and got an additional 7% off with code W2U1 entered at point of sale. Cheaper than anything I could find on eBay, orderedon Monday, City Link delivered Wednesday with order acknowledgement and tracking and a follow up after sales feedback questionnaire tonight. Good service!

That is keen, paid about the same for the same but used. Anyhow my King says aloha :D

IMG_20111224_143405.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
Having a lie in, thinking about taking the GW-3000B for an outing when Roger the postie rang the doorbell. Today's choice of G has been made for me by a combination of quick packaging by the eBay seller and speedy work by Deutsche DHL and the post office.

Paid a stiff price for this one but it is in nice nick. And the Daddy to the King. :cool:

DW-8300 aka Stargate aka Heavy Metal:

View attachment 1254

And now to the post office to pick up the last? parcel of the year :)

Last of the year? Look forward to seeing what it is.

How does the DW-8300 stack up against the King? Owned both but never at the same time for a direct comparison, recall the DW-8300 being BIG!!

macspite

Will do a comparison of the two in greater depth when I find the time - took today off but tomorrow is writing reports, doing method statements and work plans and sorting out my own accounts. Boxing day is yet another day off! Then back to work Tuesday.

Stargate is slightly smaller than King, about same height, same wrist "presence", much easier to read, more exclusive and more expensive.
Big, strong backlight and the standard time, timer, alarm and stopwatch functions. Looks good for a 1995 watch. Will the King become as much of a classic? I think it will ...