WRUW : 19th to 25th December

rutteger

Administrator
Get the impression the King is probably more numerous than the Stargate. Only time will tell, a classic for sure though.

rutteger

Administrator
Gone for the white dw-5025 today, nice and festive :D

IMG_20111225_111934.jpg

macspite

Don't think it was Santa who brought me these - not after looking at my PayPal and bank accounts :(

Still, had to be done! :cool: So what to wear?

A Frogman?

IMG_2428.jpg

Slightly modded:
-GW-200MS (Military Frog) Case [the one that is blacked out with gloss black buttons]
-GW-200TC (Triple Crown Blue version) solar panel with the blue eye
-GW-200TC (Triple Crown Blue version bezel) (but the bezel screws and pegs have been changed out for the darker Master Blue bezel parts)
-GW-225C (Master Blue) LCD
-GW-225C (Master Blue) Band (Brand New)

Or perhaps this Frogman?

IMG_2440.jpg

Slightly modded:
GW-200TC (Triple Crown blue version) Case and LCD (with the Triple crown logo in the backlight--one of the nicest and least obstrusive backlight logos)
GW-225C Bezel (Stealthed, and pegs have been replaced with the GW-200TC version)
GW-225C Band
GW-200Z solar panel (stealthed, to remove most of the text)

Pictures (and the price :( ) - click here

No I am going to wear the watch I picked up yesterday. I may be a bearded brutish slob but it is nice sometimes to get in touch with my feminine side:

IMG_2443.jpg

BG-325 with aftermarket Animal velcro strap - one of the longest I have encountered, almost wraps twice round my wrist!

IMG_2451.jpg

Happy Christmas everybody!

rutteger

Administrator
Baby-G a quirky choice, esp on the old animal strap ;)

Frogs of more interest, couple of corkers you've picked up there. Clearly the package from SoCal? Price for two Frogs seems very good, no need for a sad face imho :D Some pretty extensive modding gone on to that lower one, good work on removing the text from the dial!

macspite

If Baby-G is good enough for Andy McNab's "Nick Stone" then it's good enough for me! Quirkiness balanced by cheapness :) And .it is another beater to add to the three or four "sacrificial" watches for the dirtier jobs. There must be Baby-G collectors but there seems rather less information about them, also they seem to be fairly cheap but equal in technical sophistication to G's. This was advertised on eBay as "a man's Baby-G" which of course caught my eye

The Frogs I am very pleased with, grabbed them an hour and a half after they appeared in watchuseek. All the modding down to Robert Caron of SoCal who did a very neat and competent job. Think I prefer the lettered one to the stealth but will give it plenty of time to make sure.

Price was good but UK HMRC wanted their VAT and ParcelFarce their cut for collecting it, added £52 to the bill :(

rutteger

Administrator
If Baby-G is good enough for Andy McNab's "Nick Stone" then it's good enough for me! Quirkiness balanced by cheapness :) And .it is another beater to add to the three or four "sacrificial" watches for the dirtier jobs. There must be Baby-G collectors but there seems rather less information about them, also they seem to be fairly cheap but equal in technical sophistication to G's. This was advertised on eBay as "a man's Baby-G" which of course caught my eye

The Frogs I am very pleased with, grabbed them an hour and a half after they appeared in watchuseek. All the modding down to Robert Caron of SoCal who did a very neat and competent job. Think I prefer the lettered one to the stealth but will give it plenty of time to make sure.

Price was good but UK HMRC wanted their VAT and ParcelFarce their cut for collecting it, added £52 to the bill :(

If they are good enough for the Special Forces would agree they are probably good enough for you and I. Have heard that story before, wonder if they are genuinely used.

Few sites seem to even cover Baby-G releases although we do here on g-Shockzone > Baby-G new releases.

Not surprised you're happy although getting hit for customs is a blow.

macspite

Ah, a certain amount of misunderstanderization (I'm teaching myself US English from a book of Dubya's old speeches :) )

In the Nick Stone novels he wears a Baby-G that he had bought for the daughter of his murdered friends who subsequently gets murdered herself. No such story attached to mine, I hope.

Yeah, 50 quid VAT is annoying - could have been two cheapies or one half-decent G from eBay :(

rutteger

Administrator
Ah, a certain amount of misunderstanderization (I'm teaching myself US English from a book of Dubya's old speeches :) )

In the Nick Stone novels he wears a Baby-G that he had bought for the daughter of his murdered friends who subsequently gets murdered herself. No such story attached to mine, I hope.

Yeah, 50 quid VAT is annoying - could have been two cheapies or one half-decent G from eBay :(

Ah ha. I was aware that someone or other in McNab's books wore a Baby-G but was unaware of the back story. Also read (internet forum) posts elsewhere which indicated Special Forces do indeed wear Baby-Gs. No idea if true (hence wondering if genuine) but seems unlikely, suspect someone had just read a McNab book....