What are your G-Shock plans for 2012?

macspite

@nickyc - when you type your replies in the "quick reply" box there is a line of icons on the top. The furthest right is for quoting - select the area of text you want to include in quotes and click the icon.

To the left is an icon that looks like two frames of cine film that is to embed a video into your message - thus[video=youtube;3mr_pCrhTkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mr_pCrhTkk[/video]

and the next icon to the left allows you to place a picture in the message. Click on it and this is what you get:

insert pic1.JPG

You can either copy and paste the address of a picture on the net but most pics here are of individuals' own watches. So click "from computer" and you get this:

insert pic2.JPG

Click "choose file" which will open up Windows Explorer (or similar on sensible operating systems) and navigate to your chosen picture. Select and open (in Windows systems). You now have this:

insert pic 3.JPG

Click "upload files" and, depending on file size your file will upload in one to several seconds, there will be a little percentage progress bar at the bottom left of your screen.

And what you get is a boring looking

ATTACH=CONFIG]1253[/ATTACH enclosed in square brackets.

Simple as that - so let's see those pictures! :) :)

nickyc

OK, here goes. Not the biggest collection in the world, but it will get there

DSC01712.jpg
DSC01713.jpg
DSC01714.jpg
DSC01715.jpg
DSC01716.jpg

Thanks macspite, that was pretty straight forward.

Just waiting for the Parra to come out, then I need (that should be 'want' nick, lol) to hunt down a GW9201KJ-9JR Riseman, and to complete my playset collection I want to find a Purple DW6900SW

rutteger

Administrator
@macspite - nice picture guide. Just to add the forum software will covert large pictures down to a suitable size for the web so you can upload pics directly from a camera.

@nickyc - really top collection, good work :D

macspite

Not the biggest collection true, but quality watches and excellent colours. I have a recently bought Jason which is great for confusing people who think it is made by Fisher-Price! Also a couple of Hypercomplexes - the yellow bezel and the black and gold - I see you like them too.

Pleased the guide worked :)

nickyc

Not the biggest collection true, but quality watches and excellent colours. I have a recently bought Jason which is great for confusing people who think it is made by Fisher-Price! Also a couple of Hypercomplexes - the yellow bezel and the black and gold - I see you like them too.

Pleased the guide worked :)

Thanks, thats so true about the Jason, I get more comments about them than I do with any of the others. Strangely the black one gets so many people going.. ' What watch is that ?' You have got me all started again now, I dont remember seeing a yellow bezelled Hyper at GSE ?, Or do you mean the one I have ?.As you can see, I like my bright colours.

I'm glad I joined this site, its really friendly and it helps that some of you are local to me so we can share watch hunting tips.

macspite

Yep, the one you have. I like bright colours too but most G's seem to be black(ish).

Maybe we ought to try for a G-Shockzone meeting next time GSE have an event, see how many we can get there and persuade them to give us a good discount :)

Don't get to the Romford area that often but it does figure in one of my favourite songs:

In my yellow jersey, I went out on the nick
South Street, Romford, Shopping Arcade
Got a 'Razzle' magazine, I never paid
Inside my jacket and away double quick
Good sense told me once was enough
But I had to cock an eye on more of this stuff
With a 'Razzle' in my pocket back to have another pick

Instead of being sneaky, I strolled inside
I put my thieving hand on something rude
I walked right out with a silhouette of nudes
"Hold on, sonny", said a voice at my side,
"I think you've taken one of my books"
Passers-by gave me dirty looks
"Not me mister", I bravely lied

We stopped by the window of a jeweller's shop
"If it's money for your lunch, I'd have given you a loan"
"Have you got any form? Were you on your own?"
"Round to the station and we'll tell the cops"
"I'm ever so ashamed, it was wicked and rash"
"Here's the book back, and here's the cash"
"I've never stole before, I'll promise I'll stop"

"Crime doesn't pay, you've got honest eyes"
"If we go to the law another thief is born"
"And I'll get the book back, creased and torn"
"So, return what you've taken and apologise"
I gave him back his nudie book
I said I was sorry, I slung my hook
With the 'Razzle' in my pocket as the second prize

For absolutely no points or prizes - who sang that?

nickyc

Now thanks to macspite, I've got the hang of posting, and seeing as I'm a bit bored, I thought I'd post some pics of my current wishlist. Bear in mind this list increases every hour. Anyway here goes.

dw-5600pr-4er.jpg
GW-9201KJ-9.jpg
gw9200blj2jf.jpg
g+shock+DW-6900SW-6JR.jpg
GA-110A-4JF.jpg

Most are to complete the collections I have already started. The playset and the orange hyper, but I'm not planning to pay silly money for them, if they are going to cost me too much, I'm sure my collection can handle it without them lol. Not too sure about myself though.

nickyc

Yep, the one you have. I like bright colours too but most G's seem to be black(ish).

Maybe we ought to try for a G-Shockzone meeting next time GSE have an event, see how many we can get there and persuade them to give us a good discount :)

Don't get to the Romford area that often but it does figure in one of my favourite songs:

In my yellow jersey, I went out on the nick
South Street, Romford, Shopping Arcade
Got a 'Razzle' magazine, I never paid
Inside my jacket and away double quick
Good sense told me once was enough
But I had to cock an eye on more of this stuff
With a 'Razzle' in my pocket back to have another pick

Instead of being sneaky, I strolled inside
I put my thieving hand on something rude
I walked right out with a silhouette of nudes
"Hold on, sonny", said a voice at my side,
"I think you've taken one of my books"
Passers-by gave me dirty looks
"Not me mister", I bravely lied

We stopped by the window of a jeweller's shop
"If it's money for your lunch, I'd have given you a loan"
"Have you got any form? Were you on your own?"
"Round to the station and we'll tell the cops"
"I'm ever so ashamed, it was wicked and rash"
"Here's the book back, and here's the cash"
"I've never stole before, I'll promise I'll stop"

"Crime doesn't pay, you've got honest eyes"
"If we go to the law another thief is born"
"And I'll get the book back, creased and torn"
"So, return what you've taken and apologise"
I gave him back his nudie book
I said I was sorry, I slung my hook
With the 'Razzle' in my pocket as the second prize

For absolutely no points or prizes - who sang that?

Ha Ha Ha, I have no idea. I'm sure if I mention it to Jonathan there he could sort something out for us. A cool guy, and knows exactly what i like, i swear he sees me coming lol

rutteger

Administrator
@nickyc - some top Gs you're aiming for there, sure you'll get them too :D

@macspite - Ian Drury and the Blockheads, had to google it I'm afraid. Would Razzle refer to the gentleman's publication?

GSE do seem to do some top discounts on occasion, maybe I should try and get int touch so we can get a heads up. I do follow them on twitter and elsewhere but a direct line would be great :D

macspite

Razzle does indeed refer to the gentleman's art pamphlet for the more discerning man about town. Commonly found in the 70's as a mulch of sorts beneath the hedges of laybys and car parks.

Shame on you for googling! :)

As regards GSE - if you let them know that there are plenty of genuine collectors not out for a quick buck but looking to buy a new release or a limited edition maybe they will realise that we are deserving of a decent discount ...