Casio give new release dates for GB-6900 and GW-4000

rutteger

Administrator
Hot off the press this one, Casio Japan have just announced new release dates for the postponed GB-6900 and GW-4000 as follows. The delays are of course due to the floods in Thailand.

*GW-4000 - Feb 29th 2012
*GB-6900 - March 16th 2012

The big news is probably the bluetooth GB-6900, should be interesting especially if support is given for mobiles over and above the JDM ones supported on release.

attachment.php

disavowed

Gonna have to grab that 6900... because I'm such an iPhone freak - although I am concerned about battery life on the G-Shock w/ daily - or rather hourly, bluetooth use.

Also, not really sure about the advantages of getting email/SMS via the watch dial vs just looking at my iPhone 4S... I mean - what's worse? Being in a meeting, staring at your smartphone, or continually staring at your watch... ;)

All kidding aside - I want one. But I also suspect later versions may be better w/ tech advances.

My 2.

rutteger

Administrator
Gonna have to grab that 6900... because I'm such an iPhone freak - although I am concerned about battery life on the G-Shock w/ daily - or rather hourly, bluetooth use.

Also, not really sure about the advantages of getting email/SMS via the watch dial vs just looking at my iPhone 4S... I mean - what's worse? Being in a meeting, staring at your smartphone, or continually staring at your watch... ;)

All kidding aside - I want one. But I also suspect later versions may be better w/ tech advances.

My 2.

Cool. As per our article on the GB-6900 announcement battery life should be two years given 12 hours a day connection. Also Casio indicate that as of release the GB-6900 will support models on two Japanese networks - whether the phone will 'just work' with other models like the iphone or android remains to be seen. Seems odd for Casio NOT to do this though....

As for whether it's worse to stare at your phone or watch in a meeting neither exactly say 'I want to be here'. Although both are better than resting your head in your hands ;)

disavowed

Cool. As per our article on the GB-6900 announcement battery life should be two years given 12 hours a day connection. Also Casio indicate that as of release the GB-6900 will support models on two Japanese networks - whether the phone will 'just work' with other models like the iphone or android remains to be seen. Seems odd for Casio NOT to do this though....

As for whether it's worse to stare at your phone or watch in a meeting neither exactly say 'I want to be here'. Although both are better than resting your head in your hands ;)

2 years for 12 hrs/day - That's impressive. But sounds like I need to read up on its connectivity aspects.

Thanks for the info - looks like my registration here is already paying off... :)

rutteger

Administrator
Sure someone outside Japan will get one on release and try it with a few other models. Be interesting to hear if they work or not ...