G-Shock highlights of 2011

rutteger

Administrator
Following on for the 'plans for 2012' thread wondered what people's highlights were of 2011 :D

On a personal level highlights would be

*Getting the site up and running earlier in the year having had the idea knocking about since 2008.
*Finally getting another Frog, the GW-200Z 'Final Frogman'

attachment.php

*Also scoring a DW-5025 Rising White. I'd purchased one for a friend in Japan back when they were released, sadly the store only had one in so ended up doing the decent thing. All good things come to those that wait though ;)

IMG_20111102_153624.jpg

On a more general level I'd say

*The release of the new GW-9300 Mudman. Still covet one :D

*Plenty of interesting collaborations as ever, liking the GD-100NS-7 Nigel Sylvester and of course Dee & Ricky x G-Shock GA-111DR-7.

macspite

Making the big decision to spend £150 on a watch!
Getting the GW-3000B.
Discovering watch forums in general.
Discovering G-Shockzone in particular.
Taking a deep breath, changing the battery and bezel on my ancient and well worn DW-6600
Finding a tremendous range of G-Shock models on eBay and elsewhere and beginning to buy interesting (to me) watches.

Bubbly Tubs

Likewise really.
Discovering watch collecting as a hobbie.
Getting my first Frog ( still want the one pictured above )
Standing in line all day at GSE waiting for the Ricky Dee
Oh and doing my first mod.

GTR83

2011's G-Highlights (as in both regarding G-Shocks and general life) for me would be:

- The purchase of my first Frogman which so happens to be a GF-1000BP. Awesome watch. My friends call me crazy for spending close to USD 400 on a resin watch, but at the end of the day, they want it too haha.
- My father's passing in September. Still very sad about it, but this is life and a G-Man needs to man up.
- Having to switch companies and a completely new line of work.
- Broke up with a longtime GF. No no no, not going to turn this post into a sob story hehe.

GTR83

As they say - "tough times don't last. Tough watches do." So the Frogman is only a fitting end to my 2011 timeline.

seanobsdot

i would have to say starting to collect as a hobby
finding gshockzone to talk about watches and see what other people are doing with their g's
getting the dee and ricky for xmas
buying the men in matte black g9010...........now i need to buy a nice camera to show you guys
otherwise i wish everyone on the forum the best for 2012!!!

rutteger

Administrator
i would have to say starting to collect as a hobby
finding gshockzone to talk about watches and see what other people are doing with their g's
getting the dee and ricky for xmas
buying the men in matte black g9010...........now i need to buy a nice camera to show you guys
otherwise i wish everyone on the forum the best for 2012!!!

You got the mudman? Cool, look forward to seeing pics :D

All the best for 2012 indeed!

seanobsdot

You got the mudman? Cool, look forward to seeing pics :D

All the best for 2012 indeed!

no you got the mudman.....lol...nice pic up...thinking maybe i will try to save up to get the new one like yours but the black and gold one, saw it in the case today on lunch and they said tey would giv eit to me for 200 us hoping that the next time i go back they still have it.

rutteger

Administrator
no you got the mudman.....lol...nice pic up...

You noticed my new Mudman :p Thought you said you had the GW-9010 which is also a Mudman (and a fine one at that :D )

thinking maybe i will try to save up to get the new one like yours but the black and gold one, saw it in the case today on lunch and they said tey would giv eit to me for 200 us hoping that the next time i go back they still have it.

Nice choice on the Black x Gold Mudman 9300, is the model you're looking at the GW-9300 or G-9300?