WRUW : 26th Dec - > 1st Jan 2012

rutteger

Administrator
All the best for 2012 indeed, hope all on here have a good New Year.

Jason looking good, pics capture the screen well.

What mods do you have planned? Looks like car paint!!

Gone for the G-5500 here.

IMG_20120101_142801.jpg

macspite

Thanks, Jason does photograph well, he loves the camera!

Paint is from Hobbycraft, nearest thing to a model shop in our area. There was a choice of traditional Humbrol solvent based or a watersoluble Revell acrylic which is what I am trying. There was also a range for those war games figures with names like goblin green and orc ochre but I wasn't keen on the price.

Mods are as they happen. I have a DW-004 in pieces in an empty fruit bowl at the moment, with luck you may not recognise it when done. My main task is to try and find a source of cheap NATO adapters as at least one watch is demanding a new strap to set off a paint job.

I have also gone mad today and bought an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note phone/tablet which I am playing with at the moment. It was raining when I went over to Southampton to pick the Galaxy up, as if someone had decided to drop the entire 2012 supply of rain in one hit to get it over with. This is the first snap taken with the new phone - decided the King would like an outing today:

20120101_164728.jpg

rutteger

Administrator
I see on the paint, looked a bit like Halfords with all the tins ;) Hope you can bring the old DW-004 back to something half decent.

Pic from the Samsung looks good. Cool looking device, went to Android last year after being an avowed Symbian user.