GA 110 mod

nickyc

Skidzz I mean the grey hour markers, like you can see still on the yellow bezel ? How do you get that off, you have managed it on the yellow bezel, as they did not have grey hour markers on it? I dont mean the hour markers on the module itself if that is what you think I mean ?

Ive marked it below

414962_10150451506973310_649703309_8626895_244943041_o.jpg

skidzz

Skidzz I mean the grey hour markers, like you can see still on the yellow bezel ? How do you get that off, you have managed it on the yellow bezel, as they did not have grey hour markers on it? I dont mean the hour markers on the module itself if that is what you think I mean ?

Ive marked it below

View attachment 1305
I was not able to remove that.I just changed the bezel.Originally,the module is a GA110-1B,i removed the bezel which was a dark gray matte color to a yellow bezel.I used the module of the GA110-1b but removed the digi-ana mechanism and replaced it with the hypeblue ana-digi.I hope i am not confusing you.I am very sorry if I seem to confuse you Nickyc.

nickyc

Hi its ok, I think the translation is not quite working out. You must have been able to, to get the grey markers in the yellow bezel? as pictured above with arrow. I wanted to know how you got that grey bit out of the grey 110-1b, and into the yellow bezel ?

rutteger

Administrator
The bit shown by the red arrow is called a chapter ring I believe. Know people chop and change these when modding seiko divers, no idea how they remove them nor if they method of attachment is different to how Casio attach it in the GA-110. The grey chapter ring is part of the case, the bezels can be easily removed from the case and changed.

skidzz

The bit shown by the red arrow is called a chapter ring I believe. Know people chop and change these when modding seiko divers, no idea how they remove them nor if they method of attachment is different to how Casio attach it in the GA-110. The grey chapter ring is part of the case, the bezels can be easily removed from the case and changed.
thanks very much for the info!The chapter ring is held in place by clear plastic tabs which I cant remove.I tried it but it wont come off,i was planning to hand paint the chapetr ring to give my watch that REAL personnal touch.

rutteger

Administrator
thanks very much for the info!The chapter ring is held in place by clear plastic tabs which I cant remove.I tried it but it wont come off,i was planning to hand paint the chapetr ring to give my watch that REAL personnal touch.

Custom chapter ring would be cool!

Had quick browse of a few Seiko forums and for quite a few models you need to remove the crystal to release the chapter ring, guess this might be the case on the GA-110. Might be better breaking the retaining clips and gluing back in although to be honest both options sound difficult!