WRUW : 2nd Jan 2012 - > 8th Jan 2012

GTR83

Can't stop wearing this one. It's been 3 days! :-d

GF-1000BP IMG-20120104-00156.jpg

macspite

Seems like a bit of a watery bias to this weeks selections. The weather is not good in the UK - high winds and or torrential rain over the last few days - how is it in Jakarta Mr. GTR?

There was some sun this morning so I thought this little chap could do with a top up on my drive to Gatwick for a survey and meeting. Stopped off just before I got back home to take a snap. (I'm supposed to be writing a report right now!)

20120104_143008.jpg

GTR83

Haha macspite sir, I am in fact posting on this board in between my reports :p. You are right about the watery bias - I noticed that the global weather is not that good, Jakarta and Bandung (150 kilometers to the west) have also been under constant rain for the last few weeks. Which probably influences us around the world to wear our most marine G-Shocks :D.

rutteger

Administrator
@GTR83 can't beat the Frog :p , which is it?

@macspite - bad timing posting that pic of your Gw-7900Ms-3Er. Still got one here sat unopened in an Amazon box from a few weeks back I'd almost decided to move on to make way for some other stuff. Having seen that though...

GTR83

@rutteger - it's the GF-1000BP. Non-atomic version, got it used from Malaysia from a very nice guy.

Bubbly Tubs

Air pressure is up and down a far bit lately. My Suunto has got a storm warning function on it, damn thing kept going off through the night, so thought I would wear it.

8ac095b8.jpg

Loving the Red Frog, don't think you can get them in the uk. Anyone know if you can get a non atomic version or maybe just he clothes for it.

macspite

@rutteger - GOOD timing - you get to keep the watch. Remember the mantra "however many I have I still need one more"

@Bubbly Tubs - we have a storm warning system too. It's called roof tiles smashing down into the street.

Fortunately, as the 7900 shows, it's neap tides else we would be getting the recorded phone alert for potential flooding to add to the fun. One of my pikier friends has decided that he is a fence repair person this week and is doing his bit to relieve pensioners of their savings :(

rutteger

Administrator
Air pressure is up and down a far bit lately. My Suunto has got a storm warning function on it, damn thing kept going off through the night, so thought I would wear it.

Loving the Red Frog, don't think you can get them in the uk. Anyone know if you can get a non atomic version or maybe just he clothes for it.

Cool Suunto, always fancied one but never quite managed to sell a G to justify it. which model?

Had a quick look and not found any of the GWF-1000RD Men In Burning Red Frogs for sale in the UK, a few on the 'Bay though.

Bubbly Tubs

It's a Suunto Core, came with an orange strap but I switched it out for a black NATO one. I've had it about three years now, kinda forgot I had it until I saw a post about the brand on another forum. Had to do a battery change and now what with the weather the damn thing won't shut up. Awesome watch though, quite fancy an Elementum in fact it is on my wish list, but at 500 quid it might have to wait a bit.

rutteger

Administrator
Yeah, the Elementum looks very cool.

Gone with the GW-9200 Riseman today. I can see the barometric pressure going mad. I can also see quite a few fence panels in the back garden have gone to back this up ;)

IMG_20120105_115014.jpg