WRUW : 2nd Jan 2012 - > 8th Jan 2012

macspite

Nice Frog - but what have you got in the box? And how can you "save for later"? With me The box gets ripped open as soon as I can grab it from a startled postie!

Went for a wee trip into town and ended up in Costa:

20120107_141337.jpg

Nice, austere black and silver G-Shock but, like a dowdy librarian wearing Victoria's Secret lingerie, it has a hidden side to its character:

20120107_152033.jpg

AW-591MS-1A

macspite

And a PS:

While drinking coffee in Costa I concluded a deal with a guy in Vienna for 2 G-Shocks and a Casio "oddity". Watch this space!

Bubbly Tubs

I'm starting to feel left out I've got nothing in coming. Well not a G anyway.

@ rutteger I really want one of those Frogs. Where did you get yours from?

@ macspite I like the sound of an oddity.

rutteger

Administrator
Nice Frog - but what have you got in the box? And how can you "save for later"? With me The box gets ripped open as soon as I can grab it from a startled postie!

New mudman. I opened it to check it later in the day but will un pack in properly tomorrow or monday when I have a bit more time.

Nice, austere black and silver G-Shock but, like a dowdy librarian wearing Victoria's Secret lingerie, it has a hidden side to its character:

AW-591MS-1A

Cool, like the strap :D

And a PS:

While drinking coffee in Costa I concluded a deal with a guy in Vienna for 2 G-Shocks and a Casio "oddity". Watch this space!

Good work, never off duty 'eh. Some interesting stuff I hope, what did you go for?

rutteger

Administrator
I'm starting to feel left out I've got nothing in coming. Well not a G anyway.

@ rutteger I really want one of those Frogs. Where did you get yours from?

I'm sure whatever you have incoming is interesting judging from the rest of your collection, even if not a G :D

Picked it up from another watch forum, think it was TZ. Bloke couldn't shift it, had it listed for ages. Some up on eBay but you got to risk customs > http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f....l1313&_nkw=gw-200z&_sacat=See-All-Categories

GTR83

@macspite - the AW series have always fascinated me too, right now thinking of ripping off the AWG-591RL from a friend's wrists :p It's a poor man's burning red G-Shock since I haven't been able to find a GWF-1000RD for a "reasonable" price yet.

Bubbly Tubs

@macspite - the AW series have always fascinated me too, right now thinking of ripping off the AWG-591RL from a friend's wrists :p It's a poor man's burning red G-Shock since I haven't been able to find a GWF-1000RD for a "reasonable" price yet.

If you do track down a Red Froggie at a bargain price make sure you get two, I'll pretty much trade anything I have for one, or I could just pay for it.

GTR83

If you do track down a Red Froggie at a bargain price make sure you get two, I'll pretty much trade anything I have for one, or I could just pay for it.

Everywhere I look I am seeing them around the $800-900 range, BNIB. A local importer offered one for a total of $1,100 shipped, all taxes and duties paid. There are also a few used ones on auction.yahoo.co.jp but you have to use the services of a proxy bidder since Yahoo Japan Auctions do not allow foreigners to join.