Skins for 6900

macspite

Interesting idea.

Fits DW-6600 as well I would think. Useful piece of kit if you have a G-Shock with a broken strap or keeper, price not unreasonable against a new genuine Casio strap.

I wonder how thin the silicone skin is around the buttons and how easily it will wear through?

Who is going to be the first of us to buy one? :cool:

nickyc

Interesting idea.

Fits DW-6600 as well I would think. Useful piece of kit if you have a G-Shock with a broken strap or keeper, price not unreasonable against a new genuine Casio strap.

I wonder how thin the silicone skin is around the buttons and how easily it will wear through?

Who is going to be the first of us to buy one? :cool:

It wont be me for sure, I only have one 6900

GTR83

Saw this too on "that other forum" and thought, hey that is an interesting idea. But then I think back and realize that G-Shocks are meant to be abused...

rutteger

Administrator
Saw this too on "that other forum" and thought, hey that is an interesting idea. But then I think back and realize that G-Shocks are meant to be abused...

I'd noted there was a thread up about it one WUS G-Shock forum also. No problem with people linking to WUS although I am forbidden from posting links to G-Shockzone there (but they will allow other to do so ;) ).

Agree it's an interesting idea but not much more. Such skin product are normally used to give extra protections to phone, ipods etc. In the context of Gs I'm not sure what they bring to the party.

GTR83

If we are talking about scratch resistant products for the G-Shock crystals, like zagg's invisishield etc, then we may have a point. Even the supposedly scratch proof Gorilla Glass used on tablet PCs are not that tough and need scratch proof shields. I prefer such an idea because they add protection to the otherwise weakest part of a G-Shock, although the crystals on G-Shocks are usually very recessed so they are not that easy to scratch/break anyway.

macspite

For most of us in here a G-Shock is technically interesting as well as a fashion item.

For many wearers I suspect the G is primarily a fashion item (How else do you explain the popularity of Bapes or, indeed, Fapes selling at such premium prices?)

So if I had spent £100 on a fake Bape I would probably find the possibility of changing the colours to suit my clothing to be appealing - I do that anyway due to having a number of watches - more than ten but never enough!

It will be interesting to see whether this takes off as a product or is destined to be consigned to the bargain bin of history. Here's an idea that may help the manufacturers - get a felt tip pen and write "Ape Shall Never Kill Ape" down the length of the strap ...

disavowed

No offense to anyone - but I can't get into those 'cases'... Something intrinsically wrong about putting a case, for lack of better terms, atop a G.

For me, it's got to be in either BLACK or SILVER, and it's got to say G-SHOCK.

macspite

What about red, silver, yellow, orange, green, blue, gold or pink and saying G-SHOCK ?

Or even several colours together?

IMG_0429.jpg

Must admit though the the skins without any lettering do have an unfinished look about them