State of your collection Jan 2012

seanobsdot

i wish i had collections like rutteger or bubblytubs seriously impressive :eek: mine looks more like a dumbed down sze of ruttegers 07 collection and i really like the black and red camo 6900 nice:D

macspite

I tried to be smart and use the link from watchshock that shows my collection but this forum jibs at more than four pictures - there are around fifty that would be linked !

I really need a few decent cases as the "collection" is sitting on shelves in the box room, solars close to the window, the rest in the shade to keep the resin young.

rutteger

Administrator
i wish i had collections like rutteger or bubblytubs seriously impressive :eek: mine looks more like a dumbed down sze of ruttegers 07 collection and i really like the black and red camo 6900 nice:D

Cheers, my collection is modest compared to some (Bubbly, macspite and many others) - when you see pics of houses full of Casios you know you are only playing ;)

rutteger

Administrator
I tried to be smart and use the link from watchshock that shows my collection but this forum jibs at more than four pictures - there are around fifty that would be linked !

I really need a few decent cases as the "collection" is sitting on shelves in the box room, solars close to the window, the rest in the shade to keep the resin young.

It should let you attach as many as you wish, how are you trying to attach them??

Looked into cases a while back but decided to get some pre cut camera case foam (like this) and use it in a regular drawer for storage. Would be nice to have a big display case like BT's though...

Bubbly Tubs

Thanks mate I'm sure you've got some watches that I would like in my collection, funny how that works you always want more ha ha

Bubbly Tubs

It should let you attach as many as you wish, how are you trying to attach them??

Looked into cases a while back but decided to get some pre cut camera case foam (like this) and use it in a regular drawer for storage. Would be nice to have a big display case like BT's though...

The problem with display cases is when you get them you feel like you have to fill them, but once you've filled it you have to buy another one which then takes funds away from purchasing watches. It's a vicious cycle, plus all the good cases come from overseas.
Quite like the look of that foam hmmmm........

rutteger

Administrator
Thanks mate I'm sure you've got some watches that I would like in my collection, funny how that works you always want more ha ha

Cheers :cool: Think that's the problem with collecting anything. Unless it's super specific there will always be something else out there....

The problem with display cases is when you get them you feel like you have to fill them, but once you've filled it you have to buy another one which then takes funds away from purchasing watches. It's a vicious cycle, plus all the good cases come from overseas.
Quite like the look of that foam hmmmm........

The cases do look swish. Didn't really have anywhere for a case before although I do now. Good thing about a relatively small setup like I have is it helps me keep things 'focussed' and really think about what I do and don't want. Before I just had two or three draws haphazardly stuffed with Casios & G-Shocks. Kind of trying to move into having fewer Gs I want more (if that makes sense?).

Bubbly Tubs

That makes perfect sense, I know exactly what you mean. I've been tempted with a couple of watches already this year but I've been strong and made the purchase. If its not on my wish list I'm not aloud it ha ha. The only problem I forsee is that most of the watches on my wish list are damn expensive, and there's not many G's.