The what if... unexpected find

With all this Ricky and Dee stuff going on. I was just thinking, how good a feeling would it be say you was out and about or on holiday, and went into a watch shop that knew nothing about G shocks and they just happened to have a rare G brand new for sale for retail or less than retail. How good a feeling would that be? Walking into a shop and they have a Ricky and Dee for sale for £100 in the sales for example because they cant shift it. Has anyone had an experience like that?

2. Advertisement Register to remove this advert

Surely you grab a great bargain every time you visit GSE

That'd be very cool indeed. Dropping into some dusty old watch shop and finding some NOS classic G would be great.

Never had anything like that sadly, although I did get my first G in '02ish for 25 quid or so from the Orange shopp.

A while back I had spent ages trying to track down a green Kawasaki G, and had pretty much given up on it. I mean I searched everywhere, all over the world via the interweb but no luck.
    But about six months later i had to pop into my local motorcycle dealer to pick up some service parts for a mate, thought I'd have a look around and stone me in a display case was the watch. I calmly spoke to the lady behind the counter and asked to have a look at it. She said that it had been there for years. I asked if it was the only one to which she said it was, and then obviously I played it down saying as they'd had it for years and it was the display model could I get some discount, she said sure happy to finally sell it. I couldn't believe after all my searching One of them was in five miles of where I live, and I got it for a very fair price.
    It's a G thing

Colabs

Dee & Ricky 2, In4mation (grey), Krink, Passerella Death Squad, WCCS, alife⚡, alife, Nigel Sylvester, The Hundreds, Maharishi, In4mation (white150), Dream Air, New Era, Eric Haze 30th, Burton, Wu Tang, CLOT, DGK2, BE@RBRICK, Nigel Sylvester 2, Geometric, 6900BS, Supra, Channel Island, BE@RBRICK 2, New Era 110

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly Tubs View Post
    A while back I had spent ages trying to track down a green Kawasaki G, and had pretty much given up on it. I mean I searched everywhere, all over the world via the interweb but no luck.
    But about six months later i had to pop into my local motorcycle dealer to pick up some service parts for a mate, thought I'd have a look around and stone me in a display case was the watch. I calmly spoke to the lady behind the counter and asked to have a look at it. She said that it had been there for years. I asked if it was the only one to which she said it was, and then obviously I played it down saying as they'd had it for years and it was the display model could I get some discount, she said sure happy to finally sell it. I couldn't believe after all my searching One of them was in five miles of where I live, and I got it for a very fair price.
    Now thats the sort of story Im talking about, If only they knew eh? lol.

x2 great story. Bet you couldn't believe it

Maybe that will happen to me one day with a GWF-1000RD! This model is too insanely expensive right now, or just downright unavailable at all - certainly deserves Grail status.