The what if... unexpected find

nickyc

With all this Ricky and Dee stuff going on. I was just thinking, how good a feeling would it be say you was out and about or on holiday, and went into a watch shop that knew nothing about G shocks and they just happened to have a rare G brand new for sale for retail or less than retail. How good a feeling would that be? Walking into a shop and they have a Ricky and Dee for sale for £100 in the sales for example because they cant shift it. Has anyone had an experience like that?

rutteger

Administrator
Surely you grab a great bargain every time you visit GSE ;)

That'd be very cool indeed. Dropping into some dusty old watch shop and finding some NOS classic G would be great.

Never had anything like that sadly, although I did get my first G in '02ish for 25 quid or so from the Orange shopp.

Bubbly Tubs

A while back I had spent ages trying to track down a green Kawasaki G, and had pretty much given up on it. I mean I searched everywhere, all over the world via the interweb but no luck.
But about six months later i had to pop into my local motorcycle dealer to pick up some service parts for a mate, thought I'd have a look around and stone me in a display case was the watch. I calmly spoke to the lady behind the counter and asked to have a look at it. She said that it had been there for years. I asked if it was the only one to which she said it was, and then obviously I played it down saying as they'd had it for years and it was the display model could I get some discount, she said sure happy to finally sell it. I couldn't believe after all my searching One of them was in five miles of where I live, and I got it for a very fair price.

nickyc

A while back I had spent ages trying to track down a green Kawasaki G, and had pretty much given up on it. I mean I searched everywhere, all over the world via the interweb but no luck.
But about six months later i had to pop into my local motorcycle dealer to pick up some service parts for a mate, thought I'd have a look around and stone me in a display case was the watch. I calmly spoke to the lady behind the counter and asked to have a look at it. She said that it had been there for years. I asked if it was the only one to which she said it was, and then obviously I played it down saying as they'd had it for years and it was the display model could I get some discount, she said sure happy to finally sell it. I couldn't believe after all my searching One of them was in five miles of where I live, and I got it for a very fair price.

Now thats the sort of story Im talking about, If only they knew eh? lol.;)

GTR83

Maybe that will happen to me one day with a GWF-1000RD! This model is too insanely expensive right now, or just downright unavailable at all - certainly deserves Grail status.