eBay White Dee x Ricky GA-111 at £280

macspite

I notice that the seller is not shy of asking for extravagant postage to match his listing prose. You may not be subject to "customs duties for import from US or Japan" - so far I haven't had any duty to pay on Far East imports and have paid just VAT on one of my two US deals - but £10 is expensive for postage especially given the profit he is making.

It annoys me that some sellers try to jack up their profits by charging excessively for p+p. There almost seems to be an inverse law with eBay deals that the cheaper the postage the more carefully the item will be packed. £2-3 seems reasonable for a bubble wrapped watch in an envelope, up to £5 for a boxed watch. Or am I being cheap and unrealistic?

rutteger

Administrator
I notice that the seller is not shy of asking for extravagant postage to match his listing prose. You may not be subject to "customs duties for import from US or Japan" - so far I haven't had any duty to pay on Far East imports and have paid just VAT on one of my two US deals - but £10 is expensive for postage especially given the profit he is making.

It annoys me that some sellers try to jack up their profits by charging excessively for p+p. There almost seems to be an inverse law with eBay deals that the cheaper the postage the more carefully the item will be packed. £2-3 seems reasonable for a bubble wrapped watch in an envelope, up to £5 for a boxed watch. Or am I being cheap and unrealistic?

Agree. eBay really cracked down on it a while back but some still do it. For a tenner you should get it next day via courier. I suspect it'll come regular second :rolleyes: