GW-9300 Mudman Unboxing

rutteger

Administrator
Managed to wait most of the weekend before properly unpacking the newest arrival :cool:

Special Delivery...

IMG_3379.jpg

G-shock Nut tin inside..

IMG_3381.jpg

mudman ahoy!

IMG_3382.jpg

Finally :D

IMG_3384.jpg

Wrist shot

IMG_3387.jpg

Carbon strap, too cool :cool:

IMG_3388.jpg

So there you go, sorry for the iffy pics :p Get to see a lot of Gs running this site and this is one of the few which has really held my interest over the last few months. Finally snagged one and have to say I'm really pleased with it. Quality is absolutely top notch as one expects from Casio. The carbon band is very cool and seems very comfy so far. Fit of the watch as a whole is great, big item but sits on the wrist nicely. Nice big and crisp display. Function wise everything one might expect plus of course compass and moon phase, compass is cool because once activated it remains on for a while rather than simply taking an intstananeous reading. Buttons seem less stiff than the previous generation mudman which is a bonus.

Only thing which it'd be cool to see would be a Mudman EL pattern, however given these decrease display legibility slightly probably for the best there isn't one.

All in all a top watch, need to get on and do a review for the front page once I've given it some wrist time...

GTR83

Always had the non atomic version in mind and maybe get a spare carbon fiber strap from the GW version. It never hurts to have spares doesn't it? But still can't decide on either 9300-1 or 9300GY. Luckily the 9300GY is out of stock everywhere right now so I don't have to make a decision yet. Anyway, rutteger, congrats on such a fine piece of G. It looks very comfortably snug on your wrist.

rutteger

Administrator
Looks like a Behemoth!

LOVE it.

It's a great watch indeed. Big, very big but fits really well, wears 'smaller' than the size would suggest.

Always had the non atomic version in mind and maybe get a spare carbon fiber strap from the GW version. It never hurts to have spares doesn't it? But still can't decide on either 9300-1 or 9300GY. Luckily the 9300GY is out of stock everywhere right now so I don't have to make a decision yet. Anyway, rutteger, congrats on such a fine piece of G. It looks very comfortably snug on your wrist.

Thanks on congrats :cool:

Spares always useful indeed although wonder how much the carbon strap will sell for? The carbon is cool but the weave is only exposed on the keeper and inside of the band. Can't go wrong with this series imho, good luck getting your muddie :D

GTR83

I heard that they can go upwards to $70 especially for the GY version, probably because it's too new. But getting spare straps for limited G-Shocks are not impossible at all - I just recently purchased a spare resin set for the GF-1000BP and the items came from Singapore.

rutteger

Administrator
$70 for the carbon strap seems pretty good to. Thought it might be more given the price difference between the G-9300 and GW-9300 Mudman.