WRUW : 9th Jan - 15th Jan

rutteger

Administrator
Agreed the thermometer is little use when the watch is being worn in most European climates though it might begin to register true in a Saharan summer.

Which is a shame really. Don't suppose there is any way around it either.

It was just the one club member I went to see and he is more tolerant than most, being a member of an ethnic minority himself. He has had to put up with racial stereotyping and slurs since moving to England from the quiet valleys of South Wales. Polite enough not mention the watch until I drew his attention to it and then laughed at the ignorance of the English members of the committee.

lol.

How accurate is your Garmin when it is used as a speedometer? Is it a GPS watch and what other functions does it perform?

Accuracy of the speedo seems pretty good as best I can tell - all I have to compare it to is a more normal bike computer fitted to another bike with a fork sensor and wheel magnet. The GPS appears to lag slightly as I suppose one might expect but steady state both seem to agree more or less. The Garmin is indeed a GPS, wonder if Casio will ever do something like this although the technology is very different to what they do already. The watch does speed, distance, average speed, pace and more or less any other function you can think of which can be derived from speed / distance. It can also display heart rate and cadence with the correct accesories. Oh, and it does the time too....