Fake Alert Fake GW-9300 Mudman

seanobsdot

you know what would be good...if we could all bombard him with messages tellling him his stuff is fake....i already have......ohhh wait his g shocks light up so they are real...stupid people

rutteger

Administrator
Better still bombard eBay so they pull the auction. Can understand someone picking up a fake and selling it if you know no better, if you have several it's a more deliberate act..

Olivier

I can't really understand why some people try to sell 'nice' models at the first sight (yes, I admit it 'blue' GW-9300 looks nice),
but including some easy to notice wrong details : battery level indicators are not at the right place and date is only displayed with two digits (the real one has three). Other things seem to be doubtful too, but it could depend on photo quality.
In red, wrong things :
fake2.jpg

Anyway, don't waste your time with such false watches. As GW-9300 fan, real ones will satisfy you :encouragement:

rutteger

Administrator
The worrying thing is apart from the issues obvious to a true G-Shock fan that doesn't look so bad. LCD looks less bad than many fakes and quality doesn't look so terrible. I can see how this would fool a lot of people.

macspite

@Pendragon - RESULT!

removed listing.jpg

@rutteger - how about a "fake watch watch" thread where we name and shame the eBay fakers so that we can each send a message to eBay denouncing the fakers?

I can do a quick guide to navigating eBay's reporting procedure if the idea is a good 'un

Pendragon69

@Pendragon - RESULT!

View attachment 2012

@rutteger - how about a "fake watch watch" thread where we name and shame the eBay fakers so that we can each send a message to eBay denouncing the fakers?

I can do a quick guide to navigating eBay's reporting procedure if the idea is a good 'un

Ah glad to see ebay do a quick job :)

Thats a good idea. Would help allot of us who dont know G's so well out

rutteger

Administrator
Good work :D

A reporting fakes sticky /wiki article might be useful. Thread for fake sellers also good idea.